Thread: Finding a Recliner that Complements My Sofa

jessica34 Guest

Default Finding a Recliner that Complements My Sofa

I'm considering purchasing an English roll-arm sofa (similar to Restoration Hardware but custom made locally) and would like to find a leather recliner that complements this style. The chair would be used by my husband, who is 6'1 and long-legged. Comfort is important to him, but style is important to me - I'd like a recliner that doesn't "look" like a recliner.

The Restoration Hardware Buster chair is nice, but it's a bit pricey and I'm not sure about the quality. I like the Lee Industries relaxor, and the lines are very similar to the sofa, but it seems a bit narrow. I've read a lot about Hancock and Moore recliners and their quality, but there are so many recliners shown on the website that I'm having trouble finding the right style. I haven't sat in either the Lee or H&M yet.

Any suggestions? Also, should I be purchasing 2 recliners to sit side by side, adjacent to the sofa, or would a recliner and a smaller, "ladies" chair look better? Space providing, directly across from both I plan on using 2 upholstered roll arm chairs, in the same style as the sofa, for a "U" shaped seating arrangement.

Default Re: Suggestion for recliner to compliment my new H&M sofa

He would love a # 1044 Sadler Recliner by H&M. It's the one I have in my house, and I still think its one of the best in the line.

I would keep the height profile about the same in the room. It won't look right to have a small ladies chair next to a tall back sofa and a recliner to fit a 6' 1" man.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.