Thread: Best Sectional for Taller Men

Default Best Sectional for Taller Men

My husband is 6’7 and I’m 6’ and we are looking for a high quality, at least 41” high, reclining sectional in fabric, not leather. What are the top 3 brands for quality. Not concerned about the cost, just the comfort.....Thanks for any advise....

Default Re: Best sectional for taller people

Taylor King makes a TALL series in their Taylor Made series of Design Your Own. That's probably right where you want to be. There are Stationary however, not motion. Here's the link, scroll to page 10, the talls series is 40.5" high

https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.tayl..._5.2021_V2.pdf

I cover all the top sectional brands and no one makes one to cover someone your husband's height, the mechanism are not that large, however this one has good height, I'm not sure the footrest portion would be long enough for him.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...ail?SKU=M12-PR

I would suggest you consider a stationary sofa and then a single recliner for him. The Hancock and Moore 7131 Recliner will fit him pretty well. It's one of the tallest premium recliners on the market (I have one in my showroom if you are close to Metro DC). I put a lot of tall men in this recliner.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...tail/?SKU=7131

Best your kids are all on the basketball team?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Best sectional for taller people

Thank you Duane. We took your advise and are ordering the HM”motion your way” sectional in fabric. And yes we are very tall but no kids so no basketball family. My husband played at Western Michigan many moons ago. What would you guess delivery time is with the foam issues?? Just a ballpark...Sandy

Default Re: Best Sectional for Taller Men

Deliveries are averaging 20 - to 26 weeks. From H&M.

FYI, I would not advise ordering motion furniture in a sectional in fabric, the material wears out too quickly in the two motion recliner areas. Leather will last 4x longer and if you buy in the promotional hides won't cost any more. If you DO prefer fabric strongly, I would advise you to buy and additional 10 to 15 yards of the fabric you choose so you will have it when those two areas wear out, the other parts of the sectional will be fine. If you have spare fabric, its easy for your local upholsterer to recover those segments, sure beats the expense of re-covering the entire sectional Expect wear-through of the two fabric recliner areas in 8 years or less.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.