Thread: We are all Covid weary

Default We are all Covid weary

The furniture industry still is beset with delays due to Covid. I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone really, and I know everyone wants to get their order in their home.

* Foam still is in short supply. There is no place else to source it, either. Production times will continue to be 20 to 26 weeks with most every manufacturer. Now if you do the math, that means most orders placed in June will deliver in December, possibly November. There is no way to expedite your order, you simply get in line with everyone else from around the country.

* Prices are still increasing. I've given up trying to keep my price tags current in the store, most companies have had 2 to 4 price increases in 2021.

* The Transportation industry is still having a shortage of warehouse workers and drivers. Many retired, some have good unemployment benefits and are reluctant to return to the work force. There are plenty of jobs available. This comes to you - the consumer - in long delivery times. If you want. pickup yourself at the factories in North Carolina and save the shipping/delivery fees and get it in your home much sooner.

I have had several calls and email complaints this week about these delays. While I emphasize with you there is nothing I can do to speed up anything, and no one I call call behind the scenes to expedite things. In an age of Amazon Prime, Uber, Grubhub and everything controlled by an App, realize none of that exists in the furniture industry. I think my younger customers in particular have a hard time understanding this.

If you have to have something right away or by a certain date, buy it off the floor of a store near you. That's my best advice, though I look around my store getting emptier and don't have product to replace the holes on the floor from sold inventory. I just bought the last cargo Transit 250 van my Ford dealer will get in for the rest of the year and paid full MSRP on it. So this affects other categories as well. Odd times we live in, and it is likely to remain like this through at least the rest of 2021, and probably into 2022. Be patient, your order will eventually be made and in your home, but its going to take some time.
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-09-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.