Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is YM36 the only frame for a Motion Your Way standalone recliner?

Default Is YM36 the only frame for a Motion Your Way standalone recliner?

Is YM36 the only frame for a Motion Your Way standalone recliner? It appears it is, but I want to be sure.

Default Re: Is YM36 the only frame for a Motion Your Way standalone recliner?

Yes, although there is a new Your Way 2 series available now that is on a different frame and will be dimensionally different. I have not seen these to try one out yet.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...l?SKU=2M36-PRB
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

It looks like the new frame is actually shorter in height than the old frame. I looked closer and the seat height is 2" lower on the new frame. The height from the seat to the top of the back is 3/4" shorter on the new frame.

Hi Duane - do you know if they've started building the your way 2's yet? We might be in H&M's area Aug 6 or Aug 9th and would be interested in a factory tour and seeing what they have?

On the Your Way 2, they are not going into full swing on leathers and frames until the October Market. Right now they are offering only the sofa in Kismet Pewter at mid $ 7K and the recliner in Kismet Mineral at around upper $ 3K, depending on how the dealer structures their prices. These are Market Specials and will increase soon. They will roll out the whole line and have pricing for all grades later in the Fall. I am told they sit different than the Your Way 1 series and the VP of H&M likes them much better in the sit.

Yes, you can do a factory tour as long as you are comfortable with no masks in the factory - they are largely all vaccinated in the plants.
    Duane Collie

My issue with the Your Way motion recliner frames is the headrest is not high enough. The first series Your Way the headrest is barely above my neck so it doesn't support my head that well. I could probably live with it though. The series 2 has a 3/4" shorter back so the headrest would be even lower.

The new frame throws a wrench in my recliner search. It could be quite some time before dealers have the new frame on the floor for a test sit.

It will be 2022 before ANY dealer has them, remember we have to wait the same 6 months as you do when you order.
    Duane Collie

I am thinking it will be well into 2022 before dealers have any floor models in stock. If the order backlogs don't decrease in 2022 it might be late in 2022 before we could have the new frame in our house if one wants to see one at a dealer first.

meanwhile the price keeps going up.......
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    meanwhile the price keeps going up.......
    You don't save any money if one buys a piece of furniture sight unseen and hate it. Having to buy a second recliner gets real expensive.