Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M Office Chairs

Default H&M Office Chairs

Looking to purchase two H&M Office Chairs.

Considering the Norfolk Tufted Swivel for myself and the Graham Tufted Swivel for my wife.

Trying to decide on leathers and whether it makes sense to continue with unprotected pull up leathers on something like an office chair.

Tiburon Toffee was discontinued and so I am considering Tiburon Butterscotch or something similar. Might be willing to step up to a Class 4 Capri or downgrade to a Class 2.

Any thoughts on disadvantages of unprotected pull up for something like an office chair?

Default Re: H&M Office Chairs

I have three H&M office chairs, two at home and one at the store. One of my chairs at home is in Quintessence and it has stains on it. Of my other two, one (store) is in Angelo and the other in Berkshire. I think the finished leathers hold up better in an office chair, and are most resistant to spills, stains, and all the junk that goes on around a working desk. I'd save the luxury hides for a favorite easy chair. I'm very hard on my office chairs, they get beat up. Angelo is certainly a winner for the one I use every day at the store.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have three H&M office chairs, two at home and one at the store. One of my chairs at home is in Quintessence and it has stains on it. Of my other two, one (store) is in Angelo and the other in Berkshire. I think the finished leathers hold up better in an office chair, and are most resistant to spills, stains, and all the junk that goes on around a working desk. I'd save the luxury hides for a favorite easy chair. I'm very hard on my office chairs, they get beat up. Angelo is certainly a winner for the one I use every day at the store.
    Good to know, thanks for the suggestions!

I have had two H&M office chairs (still have one that we actually just cleaned and conditioned earlier today) and I agree to go with a finished / protected leather for the office chairs. Plus if you sit in it a lot the unfinished will show more discoloration from your skin oils.

You don't find more wear in the finish and color on protected leathers in chairs that are used frequently?

Not at all. Finished leathers are just fine.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Not at all. Finished leathers are just fine.
    Seems like finished leathers are the way to go, but as someone who has been wearing A2 and G1 leather bomber jackets for 30+ years, there is something about those pull ups that endears me to them...

Thanks for all the advice on these!

Nothing wrong with a nice pull-up or burnished leather, they are durable and tough. I would just be mindful of the super-soft luxury hides in an office chair (Capri, Quintessence, Markle, etc) as they require a little more care.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    You don't find more wear in the finish and color on protected leathers in chairs that are used frequently?
    I think it probably depends on the style of the chair. If the style has welts / seams where there is a lot of rubbing like on the front of the seat cushion and the back of your legs, I could see that they might require periodic touch-up as the finish wears, similar to a recliner with a welt on the front of the cushion.

Ours is a Graham desk chair and you can see from the way they made it there are no seams to rub on and it has been solid for us. I expect the cushions inside will flatten before anything happens with the leather and finish as long as we keep it conditioned.

I can see how it would work well for that chair. I do worry most about welts, although I have seen some real wear spots on the arms and seats of finished leathers. That could be in part from lack of care I suppose.