Thread: Hancock and Moore Signature Collection

Default Hancock and Moore Signature Collection

Hancock and Moore has a Signature Collection in the marketplace and stores such as mine cannot get it, should you come across one of those pieces and ask The Keeping Room for a quote. None of the stores that typically discount H&M have access to the Signature line, which are for the most part regular items that have a few minor design tweaks to them. H&M did this in response to complaints from some of its more boutique dealers who run higher profit margins. Consumers can't cross shop it for price and so it gives those dealers some level of protection on sales.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Signature Collection

Surprisingly to me, they don't even show those items on their website. I would think it would generate business for those dealers by people who want those particular features offered in a signature item. How much does it really help those dealers if people looking online to see before deciding where they want to start looking for furniture don't even know it exists. Huh. So many people now do online research even before heading out to visit stores, you would think they would want to make it known that those places something particular to offer.

They will not put Signature on the main website, because its exclusive. If you want to see them, here's a dealer site in Illinois that has them

https://www.smithe.com/hancock-and-m...ollection.aspx
    Duane Collie

So much for not discounting it, that site shows it on sale, lol. But how does anyone know it exists? Doesn't look much different to me.

If they are targeting the decorator and boutique market, their customers probably aren't usually going online to shop for furniture or check sites. They just go in and say fill out this room for me, or I need a sofa, and the decorator shows them a design plan.

This “Signature” line is to prevent price shopping, it is done solely for that reason. I don’t mind it, because it takes the heat off dealers like me who discount the line below levels that other stores feel is too low in price. It helps prevent raging phone calls from dealers to H&M Management who feel their order was “stolen” after working with a client, sometimes for hours in their stores. I get it.

I don’t have a fancy large store with high overhead, or teeming with employees. And I have zero business debt to service. It’s just myself and my daughter, Sarah. That means we can charge less than other stores who have nicer facilities and more staff, and large warehouses. Customers like to go back to their home dealer and show them the price they got from a discounter and ask them to match it, and that starts the phone calls…..

So the Signature line prevents that, because the names and model numbers have changed and protects the dealer who has higher overhead costs from losing the sale. It’s a good solution to a constant issue.
    Duane Collie

This explains why a local furniture store that carries H&M had Signature Collection on a number of their floor models. I tried to stay away from getting any sales help because I might not order from them if I do buy an H&M product.