Thread: 2nd tier sofa recommendations

Default 2nd tier sofa recommendations

Hi Duane and loyal followers!
    I just joined today and I’ve learned a lot from Duane and others on here and Houzz but still have so much more to go!
    Im interested in purchasing 2 leather stationary sofas. I don’t think I can afford the quality of HM as I assume that will be in the 5k range per sofa. After HM who do you recommend? I thought maybe BY but I was put off by their 750 pound weight capacity. McKinley? Leathercraft? Carolina Custom? Classic? Hallagan? I’m in NY so I’m intrigued by Hallagan but I don’t know how they compare to the others. I have identified styles I like from all of them based on looks as i am unable to try them in person yet so it comes to quality and price.
    Thanking you all in advance for input.

Default Re: 2nd tier sofa recommendations

You can stay under the $ 5K price per sofa if you shop within either the Town and Country Program using the Married Cover Leathers, OR, the Your Way in promotional leathers. Both are sticky threads here in this section (LEATHER)

Bradington Young is a good 2nd tier choice. 750lb is a LOT of weight on a sofa, I can't imagine more than two 375 lb people would fit on one anyways, or three 250lb people. If you have seriously heavy people to use these, then Hancock and Moore is definitely the way to go because they are the only company that will build a reinforced frame (upcharge) and put in higher density cushion cores in the build at time of order (no charge).

Leathercraft is equal to H&M in build. McKinley does good builds, but I don't like the workmanship, personally. Classic Leather is equal to B-Y The other two I have no experience with.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: 2nd tier sofa recommendations

Thank you so much for providing this info so quickly. I’m going to look at the town and country and your way threads now. Thank you!!!