Thread: Throw pillow choices with Taylor made/ Taylor King

Hybrid View

Default Throw pillow choices with Taylor made/ Taylor King

Not sure if this post belongs here or in the decorating forum, but hoping some of you can weigh in with good ideas. We are getting really close to zeroing in on fabric for two taylor king plush depth couches, (whippet dune) and now we realize that we also will need to pick fabric for 4 throw pillows. This is going to push us over the edge!!! Are there any hard and fast rules, like 2 pillows must match couch fabric? Should one pair be solid and the other a pattern? Seriously we have chosen not to use a designer as we want the final choices to reflect our taste - not theirs, but could just use some gentle guidance. We will be ordering two leather chairs in Tilton Moose and our decor is more in the traditional mode, but would like the throw pillows to bring in some color and fun!
    Any recommendations welcome. Would prefer a TK fabric that is not going to break the budget!!

Default Re: Throw pillow choices with Taylor made/ Taylor King

This is easy and quite common, no worries. When you buy Taylor King Portfolio, you can change the pillows to different fabrics of your choice. Here's the price schedule when doing so for contrasting pillows (for The Keeping Room, other dealers may have a different price).. This is for Portfolio ONLY and does not apply to regular line items

Up to GR 50, no additional charge.
    GR 52 - 100 $ 80 per pillow
    GR 102-150 $ 120 per pillow
    over 150 then $ 160 per pillow

You can mix and match on any of these sizes without an upcharge. 17" 19" 21" 23"

Contrast welts in any fabric - no charge Weltless is standard in pillow construction, Welts available at no charge (must specify), Contrast welts in leather WILL have an additional cost.

All fringes and cords can be added at no charge (does not include mini-bullions or decorative tapes)

If I were getting a pair of Tilton Moose chairs to go with this sofa, then I would absolutely get a leather welt on the pillow fabrics to match the Tilton. Will add $ 40 to 80 per pillow depending on leather selected, and then I would just get my pillows in the main body fabric. The leather welt is very classy when used with a pair of leather chairs.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
    Just to be clear, if buying TK portfolio couches -the pillow fabric should also be from the portfolio?

No, it does not. You can use any TK fabric and compute the costs based on the Fabric Grade.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.