Thread: Woodbridge Furniture Maintenance

Default Woodbridge Furniture Maintenance

Just getting things set up after getting back from picking up the two tables. These are my first quality wood pieces so wondering about maintenance recommendations.

Is there a sealer of some kind I could apply to prevent scratches and is there any treatments that would extend their lifespan like there are for the leather treatments?

These are the two pieces just for reference:

https://www.woodbridgefurniture.com/...hairside-chest

https://www.woodbridgefurniture.com/...rside-deed-box

I'll get pictures up when we have everything unpacked...lot of cardboard lol

Pickup at woodbridge was super easy by the way...anyone looking to pickup with them shouldn't be intimidated at all...very friendly and helped us get them into the van!

Default Re: Woodbridge Furniture Maintenance

Tell us about your visit to Hancock and Moore as well, did Brian Craft at the Motion Plant give you a tour while you were picking up your recliners? When you go to North Carolina, in the furniture industry, it's like stepping back in time to me. Everyone in Hickory, Taylorsville, High Point is SO nice and pleasant, and its genuine. It's not like living in the city or large metropolitan areas where people hustle past one another and you are in their way. It really is like the Andy Griffin Show in those parts and you feel like you just walked into Mayberry. (which was really based on the town of Mt Airy, NC, not too far away). Instead of some surly guy on the loading dock scowling at you because you interrupted his break, they're like "We will take care of that for you, go on in and grab a coffee or a drink while we load you up!" I'm not kidding, either. That's why I love to go to the factories and recommend tours. You meet hard-working people, proud of what they do and they treat you as if your were an old friend. Some good people in that part of the world.

Here's what I use on furniture and its the only product I have in the store for wood care, it's called OZ Polish, and its not easy to find. What is great about it is there are no silicones in the formula, its easy to use and leaves a handsome gloss on the piece. Silicones like in Pledge and the products you typically buy penetrate beyond the finish coat and get into the wood itself. While they have a nice sheen to them, if you ever go to re-finish the piece (or the top, etc). you will have a heck of a time applying the new finish as the silicone causes the new finish to fisheye, and you cannot sand or scrape it out of the piece. $ 19.95 in my store per can. It's all I used on my fine furniture at home as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oz.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	15943

The other option is Minwax Paste Wax that you can pickup at Home Depot / Lowes. It does a great job as well and won't damage the original finish. However it takes much longer to apply and buff down, and because of that most people will do it just once and then not bother with it. Was has the benefit of filling small hairline scratches as well - I always buy the tinted wax for that reason if I am waxing. However OZ is what I use 90% of the time.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.