I stumbled upon My Furniture Forum a few years ago by happenstance - looking to see if quality, USA made leather furniture still existed. Was intrigued by the forum and wealth of information as well as the knowledge and candid comments from Duane...6 months later, began making purchases through The Keeping Room. We have purchased chairs with ottomans, a sofa and a tilt-back with ottoman and waiting patiently on Steele Farm bar stools. I went and picked up all items either in North Carolina or at Duane's store. I wanted to give a brief post to possibly help any new folks to the forum (like I was a few years ago) who have yet to place an order on Hancock and Moore. Do it !! You will not regret it. We absolutely enjoy all of our items everyday. Duane is very helpful in the process with help suggesting different models and leathers, based on your needs, physical size and budget.

I was brought up to buy the best you could afford, take care of it, and know it will last longer and give you more enjoyment. The great thing about leather is if you follow Duane's recommendations on how often and how to condition the leather, the casings and furniture will last a very long time and become even more comfortable. With the eventual need for replacement cushions being available at same quality from Hancock and Moore, this stuff should last many, many years - unlike great fabric furniture I have owned in the past that required reupholstering -- you are at the mercy of the upholsterer, their ability, the quality of their replacement cushions, their timeframe to get it back to you -- all at a cost that sometimes was as much as 50-70 percent of the original purchase price of the piece.

My wife is 5'8" and in better shape than me at 6'2", 265. She loves the Author chair and Ottoman. Great ladies chair for curling up with a book. Duane nailed that on a recommendation. Most comfortable chair I have ever sat in is the Kodiak chair and Ottoman....I am 61 and have sat in many a chair, this one wins, hands down, and the smell, feel and noise that great burnished leather makes when you sit down or move in the chair is one of the great, simple pleasures of owning fine leather furniture. Awesome! The Westwood Tilt Back with Ottoman is a VERY close second to the Kodiak.....I would tell you about the Kodiak Sofa but I cannot get the 100 lb dog off of it long enough to give you a review.....he strategically plops down in the middle of the sofa to keep folks off of the end cushions....

Point of all this, life is short....great furniture in wonderful leathers are a joy that never ceases.....if you are looking for more than a place to park your keister, you came to the right manufacturer and forum....talk to Duane, get some great advise and assistance, enjoy the process, you have worked hard and earned the opportunity to buy great stuff !!