Thread: Bradington-Young Leather Recliner

Default Bradington-Young Leather Recliner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220D7D9A-D07E-4649-A39D-C97ED997DB0D.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	14299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6A614058-9A99-41CC-BA52-42EFA16931B4.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	14300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	391DE4B4-BDB5-474E-9523-E5BFFC360403.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	14301I have only had this chair about 6 weeks, I am the only one who sits in it and I’m not a large person. There is always a large indentation in the back it never springs out. I’m not in it all day just in the evenings. It’s unprotected leather so it scratches easily which I don’t mind I wanted that look. Is this normal? I have attached some photos. I expect this to last for years but am afraid it won’t or I got a lemon. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	14299Click image for larger version. 

ID:	14299 I am so sorry the pictures are sideways they aren’t on my computer and I can’t figure out how to turn them upright.

Default Re: Bradington-Young Leather Recliner

You have a pull-up pure aniline leather on that chair, its a VERY nice hide. Pull-ups are designed to show color bursts when subjected to pressure (ie., scratches easily). That's the sign of REAL leather, embrace it. Now, this class of leather has very little topcoat on it, just a waxy finish. You want to make sure you keep it cleaned and conditioned regularly and not put in direct sunlight to avoid fade. I have the pull up care kits in my store @ $ 83 per kit, or the Giles and Moore # 33 Conditioner (my personal favorite) 2 oz is $ 30,6 oz is $ 65, and make your own cleaner with plain soap and water.

Readjust your back core. Recline the chair with you out of it, remove the seat cushion and you should see a zipper on the bottom of the back casing. Open the zipper, pull out the fiber core cushion, and fluff it briskly like you are throwing a pizza into the air. When fully fluffed, reinstall. If that doesn't fix it, request your selling dealer to order a extra full core from Bradington Young to put in the back. That should be at no charge.

Your photos are sideways because you are using an iPhone. To get them to post correctly, you MUST edit them after taking the shot. The easiest way to edit is in the phone and simply press EDIT and then CROP and once you make a crop, save it. Then when you post it will display as you expect.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You have a pull-up pure aniline leather on that chair, its a VERY nice hide. Pull-ups are designed to show color bursts when subjected to pressure (ie., scratches easily). That's the sign of REAL leather, embrace it. Now, this class of leather has very little topcoat on it, just a waxy finish. You want to make sure you keep it cleaned and conditioned regularly and not put in direct sunlight to avoid fade. I have the pull up care kits in my store @ $ 83 per kit, or the Giles and Moore # 33 Conditioner (my personal favorite) 2 oz is $ 30,6 oz is $ 65, and make your own cleaner with plain soap and water.

Readjust your back core. Recline the chair with you out of it, remove the seat cushion and you should see a zipper on the bottom of the back casing. Open the zipper, pull out the fiber core cushion, and fluff it briskly like you are throwing a pizza into the air. When fully fluffed, reinstall. If that doesn't fix it, request your selling dealer to order a extra full core from Bradington Young to put in the back. That should be at no charge.

Your photos are sideways because you are using an iPhone. To get them to post correctly, you MUST edit them after taking the shot. The easiest way to edit is in the phone and simply press EDIT and then CROP and once you make a crop, save it. Then when you post it will display as you expect.
    Will it be difficult to get the cushion back in? The leather really is beautiful and just what I wanted it’s a little darker than I expected but still wonderful. I may consider your cleaning kit. After seeing this I have been wishing I ordered the Hancock and Moore that I really wanted but was about $2,000 more. I will try taking the cushion out and see if that helps otherwise I will contact the store. Thank you so much. I wish I were closer to your store I'm originally from Maryland living here near Chicago it’s so hard because few carry these lines and have very few on the floor especially Hancock and Moore. Thank you so much for your prompt response.

It can require some sweat equity to get the core back in. Most stores won’t send someone over for that, we certainly would not. It’s normal usage, not a defect. It doesn’t work well to try to fluff it in the casing (many do), has to come out and really be tossed.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It can require some sweat equity to get the core back in. Most stores won’t send someone over for that, we certainly would not. It’s normal usage, not a defect. It doesn’t work well to try to fluff it in the casing (many do), has to come out and really be tossed.
    I have a bad shoulder right now so I’ll have to get my husband to do it this week. Thanks again.