Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chesterfield sofa recommendations..

Default Re: Chesterfield sofa recommendations..

came across casco bay.... by the looks of their site, this seems like the proper choice
    https://cascobayfurniture.com/pages....ath=27&pID=224

5/4 solid maple frames
    8 way hand tied springs
    they offer the mont blanc leathers I like
    included delivery puts my 96-98" sofa about 4000-4500 depending on which model I get

almost seems too good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by ZIVMAN View Post
    came across casco bay.... by the looks of their site, this seems like the proper choice
    https://cascobayfurniture.com/pages....ath=27&pID=224

5/4 solid maple frames
    8 way hand tied springs
    they offer the mont blanc leathers I like
    included delivery puts my 96-98" sofa about 4000-4500 depending on which model I get

almost seems too good to be true
    For me, it was important to know who I was sending a $6k check to…

I wouldn’t buy an expensive piece of furniture from a place without a public storefront and a well known positive reputation in the industry.

It’s also important for me to read negative reviews of a business. Every business has issues, and transparency to help me set my expectations accordingly is immeasurably valuable.

(And you can get Mont Blanc leathers through Moore and Giles practically everywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by MattT87 View Post
    For me, it was important to know who I was sending a $6k check to…

I wouldn’t buy an expensive piece of furniture from a place without a public storefront and a well known positive reputation in the industry.

It’s also important for me to read negative reviews of a business. Every business has issues, and transparency to help me set my expectations accordingly is immeasurably valuable.

(And you can get Mont Blanc leathers through Moore and Giles practically everywhere.)
    did you get your sofa yet?

I had come across the roger+chris site before and kind of wrote them off when I saw the price thinking you get what you pay for. On the other side of that, you still need to make sure you are what you are getting for when the price is high..

I am at the point I feel like I need to step back from this. This chesterfield is a 100% want. I absolutely do not need it and would actually have to get rid of a piece, maybe two, to have room for it.... and if I'm being honest, I really like the piece I have now. I am not against the HM offering only that if I am going to get what I want, I want it to be the dimensions I want. They don't offer that.

The casco bay seems 100% what I want -> "on paper". I absolutely agree that I'd like to put my butt on one of their sofas before making the purchase. Which is why I at first liked cococo. they have a showroom 25 minutes from me. The casco bay though, tells me it is everything I am looking for, but then it seems that there are nothing but 5 star reviews. Sure I can believe they have all those 5 star reviews, but noone had a 4 star review of them? or a 3, or a 2, or a 1? Which like I said , seems too good to be true.

and I do agree, those leathers have pretty decent availability. I appreciate your feedback

***** Bay turns up here like a bad penny from time to time. Lol. No point in a rehash.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Bay-Furniture
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I read that before my post.. is the issue with not really knowing what/who they are? is it that they delivery a bad product? I get it, transparency is king and when a company takes the effort they have to mask their true identity and potential bad reviews, it isn't good...

They are obviously selling to someone... is their product any good?

I've never seen their product.

However, one of our forum members who was computer savvy and knew his way around IP numbers traced the company headquarters to a house in Maine. Apparently they will arrange a tour for you to the North Carolina factory where they are made. They are direct sales only and use a factory that makes furniture for a number of re-sellers, which is quite common in this business.

As previously mentioned, I would not buy any Chesterfield style from any maker without first seeing it in person or trying it out. I don't care how good the website is, the sales pitch, or the price. I've sat on too many bad ones over the years, and the good ones are few and far between. Caveat Emptor!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.