Thread: How to Find Out Who Manufactured a Sofa Set

newflamenco Guest

Default How to Find Out Who Manufactured a Sofa Set

Hello,
    I am a new member and I hope this is the right place to post my question. If not, I'd appreciate if some one could redirect me to the right place.

We found this set on the craiglist and the pieces look beautiful. The fact that I know pretty much nothing about leather furniture, I was hoping someone would recognize the manufacturer of this set.

The seller bought this set from Neiman Marcus about a year ago. She did not know the name of the manufacturing company.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by newflamenco; 12-20-2009 at 10:25 PM.

newflamenco Guest

Default Re: Does anybody know the name of the manufacturer of this sofa set?

We found a similar sofa on Neiman Marcus website here. The set on the website was made from imported materials, probably from China. Oh well, we think we'll skip this one.

That's only a year old? Looks pretty hard worn for a year of use. Seat cushion cores and the one on the ottoman look pretty tired.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

newflamenco Guest

That's what the seller wrote on her ad. I had no idea that the pieces looked pretty old . Your comments confirmed that we made the right decision. Thank you.

newflamenco Guest

This is very interesting. The seller modified her posting and changed the vendor from Neiman Marcus to Handcock & Moore. Here's the link to her posting.
    Last edited by newflamenco; 12-20-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Well, I can tell you that if its an H&M its not been a frame in the lineup since I've been a dealer. I don't recognize the style and there have been no frame drops since 2007, so I feel pretty safe saying that is NOT a 1-year-old Hancock and Moore sofa. It could be an older H&M however. Wear like that is fairly typical of what one would see in a ten-year-old piece of quality made furniture. The 1-year of use claim is definitely suspect in my book.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

newflamenco Guest

Thanks Duane. We do appreciate you taking your time to review this. This ad looks very suspicious and we don't want to take any risk.