Thread: Executive Desk Chair?

Default Executive Desk Chair?

I'm looking for a new desk chair for my office. I currently use a Hickory Leather Company Northampton XL. This is a big and tall model and not comfortable at all, the seat is too deep and I can't settle in right. I'm about 5'11" and around 250lbs. A little big, but not tall!

What I love about this chair is the quality. It's sturdy as can be, the cushion is comfortable and there is no plastic, it's a nice heavy wood and steel base.

I'm looking for something that fits me better and I've always admired H&M.

I've got my eye on these and really have no idea where to either see them or check out a similar model.

I like the plush chairs, padded arms, comfort, high backs to lean back in. I want it to be just as sturdy and solid as this Hickory Leather Model. I loathe office chairs that turn flimsy and wouldn't expect that out of a quality piece.

I'm around Tampa, FL. Does H&M direct ship, what's the process for getting one of these?

These are the models I'm liking:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...vel-Tilt-Chair

Default Re: Executive Desk Chair?

Hancock and Moore builds the best leather Executive chairs in the country. They're not inexpensive. They supply the President, the Senate, the Cabinet, and the Supreme Court. I myself sold 72 pieces of Hancock and Moore to the Bush Administration for use the White House. It's all the GSA buys because they know they last and sit well for most (they never buy higher than a Grade 1 leather, however).

You have to purchase through a dealer, such as myself, or others as you so choose, they do not sell direct to the consumer. Delivery options are available via Sun Delivery Service or any shipping company of your choice.

Note they have a 10% off sale all Executive office chairs through the end of this month (June 2020). They have never had a sale period on them before so it's a good time to pick one up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

One piece of advice is make sure whatever model you are interested in has arms that fit above or below your desk or are far enough back vs the depth of the seat. I had an H&M desk chair that was very comfortable, but the arms were too far forward and would not fit under my desk so I could never scoot in enough to be comfortable actually using my computer. I guess I could have added a pull-out keyboard tray to mitigate it somewhat but I never liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Hancock and Moore builds the best leather Executive chairs in the country. They're not inexpensive. They supply the President, the Senate, the Cabinet, and the Supreme Court. I myself sold 72 pieces of Hancock and Moore to the Bush Administration for use the White House. It's all the GSA buys because they know they last and sit well for most (they never buy higher than a Grade 1 leather, however).

You have to purchase through a dealer, such as myself, or others as you so choose, they do not sell direct to the consumer. Delivery options are available via Sun Delivery Service or any shipping company of your choice.

Note they have a 10% off sale all Executive office chairs through the end of this month (June 2020). They have never had a sale period on them before so it's a good time to pick one up.

How would I go about getting pricing for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    One piece of advice is make sure whatever model you are interested in has arms that fit above or below your desk or are far enough back vs the depth of the seat. I had an H&M desk chair that was very comfortable, but the arms were too far forward and would not fit under my desk so I could never scoot in enough to be comfortable actually using my computer. I guess I could have added a pull-out keyboard tray to mitigate it somewhat but I never liked those.

I know the struggle. Luckily I have a motorized standing desk.

Quote Originally Posted by joshigh View Post
    How would I go about getting pricing for them?
    This thread http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-a-Price-Quote

You can request a quote here, from my store:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...tes-and-Orders
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The first chair is a little bold for my taste, but the last chair (9855ST) looks oh so comfy with the lumbar support. Always liked the way the Austin sits but not looks, and very happy with the Westwood that has that lumbar support so I like the last chair.

On a side note, I picked up a few Jeffersons (http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...vel-Tilt-Chair) that I really like the look of. It's not plushy like you want, but I find that it makes me sit up straight and actually work, instead of slouching and chilling. Odd I know, but I get more writing done with it.