Thread: Hooker "Lincoln" Power Motion Sofa SS631-P3-078 in full top grain leather / Aviator

Default Hooker "Lincoln" Power Motion Sofa SS631-P3-078 in full top grain leather / Aviator

I saw this piece at the High Point Market in the Hooker showroom and stopped to try it out. I thought the form factor excellent on it, and liked the leather used (pure aniline, brown). The two outboard stations have power recline, an articulating headrest and inflatable lumbar support (like a car seat). Impressive! There's even a USB port to charge your phone or tablet. I tried it out then left. An hour later I came back to it for another sit.....I have traditionally resisted showing pieces that are 100% made in China because of shoddy quality, but this piece looks really good. About the only negative I see on it is that I would prefer a closer and tighter seam stitch. Sits great - and I have a lot of shoppers come in the store that don't want to pay Hancock and Moore or even Bradington Young price points. I decided to try this and Hooker tells me they do stock parts in the USA for it, if needed.

Right now these are subject to the 3% Federal Tariff as of this date (Dec 11th) and that tariff is going to 25 % on Jan 1, 2019 unless politically resolved.

Current price in store is $ 2,399, shipping price is $ 2,239 (and you pay delivery fees to your location). These are cash/check prices - credit cards add 3%. That's good to the end of this month and then who knows.....? It's a heavy unit and shipping weight is 413 lb so delivery fees will be priced accordingly. It's not going up and down inside stairs or tight corners at that weight, ingress has to be pretty straight forward for two men to handle it.

There are two colors on this unit, a milk chocolate which is what I have in the store - 078 and then a dark brown which will be a -088 (the Rust color you may see other store list has been dropped) . This unit is getting re-named from "Lincoln" to "Aviator" as well. Both are out of stock at Hooker right now, with more due in late January. Anything ordered prior to Dec 31st will be under the current price (above). Floor model is available for immediate delivery if you are local to my store.

Control panel is on the outside of the arm on each side, you cannot see it but will learn to activate it by touch location of the buttons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooker 2.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	11413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooker1.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	11414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooker panel.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	11415
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hooker "Lincoln" Power Motion Sofa SS631-P3-078 in full top grain leather / Aviat

Do you know if Hooker has a battery pack for this sofa? Can you link a picture of the darker color?

Default Re: Hooker "Lincoln" Power Motion Sofa SS631-P3-078 in full top grain leather / Aviat

Hooker does not offer a battery pack with this unit, and the USB port (which is always "on") would drain the battery in two days time or less, so don't add one onto it unless you also install a switch into the harness to be able to turn off the USB port.

The darker color is coming in the January batch - no photos of it at this time. Eventually they will appear on the Hooker Website.
    Duane Collie

I am currently shopping for a motion recliner with lumbar support and neck support. I am in my recliner a lot and do all my computing, tv watching, phone chatting, etc. from there. I had a Bradington-Young recliner without articulating neck for a couple of months by mistake. They shipped the wrong chair and let me use that one until the correct one was shipped. While using it, I noticed there was not enough support in the back itself. I feel my back is making a C shape. Ended up canceling order altogether. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Drcollie, have they provided pictures of the -088 color yet?

Samples are not yet available, however one of forum members just took delivery of the 088 unit in the new colorway. If she sees this thread perhaps she will post some photos.
    Duane Collie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B170041-8D7B-4F03-B370-3E8DC2E1E85D.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	11748

This is the 088 colorway! It’s dark brown. No red tones. It is a great neutral color that will go with anything.

Thanks!!!

Duane,
    It's been a few years since you posted this. With the understanding that it is not of the same quality as H&M or BY, what is your general opinion of the Hooker Lincoln sofa now? Thanks!

I have sold half a dozen or so and not had any negative feedback from any clients. My floor model is gone and I have no intention of reordering as I find my customers don’t want sofas made in China. It’s a big piece and didn’t generate returns for the space it occupied. In general, I think most want a higher level build and are willing to pay for it.
    Duane Collie