Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

The stained glass was made by Terraza Glass in Maryland. They took my pencil sketches and ran them through a program to create mock-ups. Sample glass pieces were sent and once I agreed on where to place the colors, they began making my transoms. It was quick and painless! The lockers are 22" wide each -- this is heaven for me as all the backpacks and school books no longer land on my kitchen table (located just inside the french doors). Closing in our patio was an excellent solution, though $$$, and will add to our resale value if we should ever move.

BevoGal Guest

Thank you again for rotating the locker image too! =)

Those lockers look really great and the stained glass at the top is really nice. Overall a very nice room with great style!

ViviV Guest

Hi BevoGal,
    I am currently in the midst of selecting leather for a H&M sectional. One of the leathers I am considering is Weston Sand which you have on your Sundance Sectional. Its been a couple of years at least since you got this sectional and I was wondering how the leather has held up when being used in a home with little boys and pets? We have older boys but are considering this leather and have some concerns... mainly markings, staining by dark clothing/ jeans or such since its so light, sagging or stretching and finally the look of "solid" color on a large piece like a sectional. Would you choose this leather again for your sectional or do you wish you'd gone with a more pebbled leather like Bari Taupe or Equestrian Desert? (I think you were considering those 2 and I am too ;>)

Anyhow, I am sorry to "resuscitate" or "barge into" this thread but you are the only forum member that I can find who ordered a sectional in the Weston Sand leather. Any comments or recommendations you have would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Viviv

BevoGal Guest

Hi ViviV, apologies for my delay! I have taken some photos today of the Weston Sand with my Nikon and am uploading them as I type. Of course, there is a dog and a hidden preschooler in some of these pics =)

I really love the color and the feel of this leather. Now, it does scratch from dog claws -- sadly, my past dogs never got on the sofa, but this one thinks she is a cat!! She is also a reading therapy dog and well-trained, but she just can't break the sofa habit (my fault). Anyway, the scratches usually look fine after Leather Magic Conditioner is applied. I should show a before and after, but I just ran out of the Leather Magic! So, I took a picture of a scratch to show you what it could do, BUT remember it looks just fine after the conditioner is applied.

I don't regret this leather b/c it goes so well with the feel of my home, and I don't like super dark or rustic looking leathers. Now, if there had been a pebbled leather in this color, maybe I would have considered it. At the time, I assumed my next dog would be trained away from the sofa, LOL. She is not a shedder, so she gets away with it. She also only scratches the surface when someone plays fetch with her from the sofa (and she pushes off). Otherwise, she's very light on her feet. There is no transfer of color from jeans so far, and my kids run and jump all over the sofa, so you can see that it is holding up well.

Stay tuned for pictures!

BevoGal Guest

By the way, that is a cheap stand-in ottoman and I will get a "nicer" one from Hancock and Moore when my boys are older. Again, the scratches really do blend back in after Leather Magic is applied - just like putting lotion on your skin. One day, I'll post a before and after, but you can almost tell from looking at the back cushions vs. the seat cushions (the back cushions look as the seat cushions would after Leather Magic).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0840.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	8213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0843.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	8214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0845.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	8215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0846.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	8216

The leather color looks most like the last up-close picture - the others may show too much flash. I don't think it is a light color, more like "wet sand" on a Texas beach (not the white sand of Florida beaches, ha!).

I wipe the sofa down regularly with a lightly damp rag and do the conditioning less often. Last week, I vacuumed under all the cushions and now I will condition as soon as I get more of the product.
    Last edited by BevoGal; 02-26-2016 at 03:20 PM.

BevoGal Guest

Duane - can you remind me which Leather Magic kit I need? I know I only used the conditioner and not the cleaner that came in my kit b/c of the type of leather. Thanks for the input!

Yes, the Aniline Kit for Weston...Sectional looks good!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Hi BevoGal!

Sorry for late reply and THANKS SO MUCH for the feedback and pictures! We've been out of town for a wedding all weekend and last night I found my leather samples in the mailbox waiting for me!! They were probably there since friday but we were gone by early friday morning. Anyhow, my Weston Sand sample is just the perfect color in my opinion for our color scheme but my husband does not like it. And we both are not sure about the texture -or lack of I should say- of the Weston. He wants darker leather. I am now more confused.

I think your sectional looks just great! I love the Sundance! Weston Sand is a great color leather and it looks super in your home ....and i think it would in mine too. But to be honest, the one that would be sitting on the sectional most is my hubby and I'd like him to like it too. I am leaning towards taupe colors and I finally realized last night that this might be because of the curtains I have hanging in there. They are linen from PBarn and they have taupe undertones (its one of the darker colors of the PBarn linens). The other leather colors seem to clash against the curtains. SO I might have to change those out for a different linen color. I love the linen curtains because they provide texture but they are distorting what choices I am making in leathers.

I'll post a few pics I took in a few so that maybe you and anyone else who is good with color schemes can give me opinions as far as color. BTW, I really like the TIBURON MINK sample because it's not orangy. I don't want to bug Duane with these petty details because he's swamped with orders due to the sale. I don't know if we're going to make it before it's over :S because I feel like I need more samples.

I reaaaally appreciate you taking the time to post pictures and give me an update on your lovely Sundance and the Weston Sand.

Have a great day!
    Viviv

I just ordered two Luxe Recliners in Weston Sand from Duane. Bevogal was so helpful with her pictures and advice. I can't wait to get them and post pictures. I also was looking for a taupe color I wanted anything but brown in the best quality leather. I would have LOVED to get the capri but I liked the Weston Sand better than any color in the Capri series.