Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore # 6121-T-C Tulip Channel Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished

Default Hancock and Moore # 6121-T-C Tulip Channel Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished

With custom options of hand-lacing, and gimp added in Hyde Park Brownie Burnished. This is on the same chassis as the Monaco chair, so it sits very much the same (Pub style / reading chair sit) which I happen to like a lot - I have a Monaco in my own home. The Tulip Channel back is more supportive and not as much "cush" to it, and that's just a preference thing. R & S nail, Mesa Wood Finish.

Note that if you object to the "air space" between the channel back and seat cushion, this is not your chair! See first photo....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	887 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	10122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	10123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg 
Views:	1004 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	10124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	809 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	10125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	10127
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-29-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 6121-T-C Tulip Channel Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished

BTW, just as a side note, if you look at the photos above you will see the great care I take when unpacking my customer's furniture. As I load the chair onto the liftgate, I leave it on the tray of the box and place that on the liftgate, so the diamond plate steel does not damage the legs. I leave the foam wrap on the legs and you will see a pad spread out on the bed of the truck, so when the chair comes off the cardboard tray and into the truck, it's never sliding on metal or anything that would catch the leg bottom and cause a chip-out. Once in the truck, I double pad it before tying it up against the truck wall with a cam cleat strap. I have developed this "system" over thirty years and that's why we simply don't have any damages for our local customers. Of course, Never say Never, but I bet we have (on average) about 1 piece every three years that gets handling damage, which would be like 1/8 of 1 percent. I treat each piece like it's my own. I've seen how other stores unpack and load and they don't do it like this!
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 6121-T-C Tulip Channel Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished

HP Earth just continues to grow on me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen203 View Post
    HP Earth just continues to grow on me!!!
    It looks fab, doesn't it, Helen203? Are you putting it back on your list? Knowing that everybody has their own preferences, I really love the Hyde Park hides. I don't see a downside, but that's my opinion based on my own experience with the pieces my husband and I live with. Those photos do show off the Hyde Park Earth...It is very handsome!

And, what do you think of the lacing on the arms? I am all in for that!

TXCajun

The lacing is expensive, it adds about $ 700. As one of the work associates at H&M was telling me "Jimmy (Moore) won't let us do it with a machine, we have to do it all by hand from punching the holes to all the lacing and tie offs."

When you see a non-laced one next to a laced one, there's no question which to get. As the saying goes "In for a penny, in for a pound". My Monaco at home has lacing, wouldn't get it any other way.
    Duane Collie

Re:, hand-lacing on Monaco arms... That is a fabulous detail! All the more special that it's done by hand and not machine. Sort of a throwback to the time of very fine, hand-sewn, bespoke clothing.

TXCajun

You know, at this price and style level - you are buying art as much as furniture. There are PLENTY of utility service frames and makers out there doing a solid, good, usable product at lesser price points (even H&M has it - look at the City series for example). There are very few that create fashion and art in upholstery. When you get to pieces like this Tulip chair, you've entered that realm - so you are already in a higher price bracket for a chair like this, may as well get what you want. That's how I look at it, anyways.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The lacing is expensive, it adds about $ 700. As one of the work associates at H&M was telling me "Jimmy (Moore) won't let us do it with a machine, we have to do it all by hand from punching the holes to all the lacing and tie offs."

When you see a non-laced one next to a laced one, there's no question which to get. As the saying goes "In for a penny, in for a pound". My Monaco at home has lacing, wouldn't get it any other way.
    Is lacing on Tulip still optional for 6121-1-C?
    http://hancockandmoore.com/Products/...ck-Club-Chair#
    "Standard with self gimp and lacing."
    Trying to figure out if this marvelous chair can be paired with 5843-1 Jameswood Chair and 1744 Chancellor Sofa. All three are a piece of art!

Yes it is, however you can get a lacing delete by request and they will credit some portion back off the price. However, the lacing really makes the chair - I would not personally delete it - and you can choose from either brown or black color.

I happen to have a Jameswood and Tulip chair close to one another (in different leathers) so you can see the styles together in this photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	11794
    Duane Collie

Is this Jameswood chair in Cameo Tan burnished with optional Belgium chocolate finish (H&C)? Exactly as designed by Allan Price?