Thread: Hancock and Moore Chantal Sofa #5992-3 in Quentessence Desert

Default Hancock and Moore Chantal Sofa #5992-3 in Quentessence Desert

The Chantal sofa arrived two weeks ago. Sits great, laying down is even better, and the leather...I don't have words that will do it justice, feel of Quentessence leather is incredible. I am glad I decided to take the leap of faith and order a Class 4 leather.

To be honest, it really was not that big of a leap since Duane's quote for the Chantal sofa in a Class 4 leather was only $200 more than the cheapest quote I received from several local furniture dealers for the same sofa in a Class 3 leather. Several of the local stores quoted prices for Grade 3 leather that were several hundred dollars more than Duane's class 4 quote. This allowed me to upgrade the wood finish to Rainier finish and still stay within my original budget.

Since I live in a small town in the Midwest, Duane recommended the Hancock and Moore Guaranteed Delivery program which delivers to a local facility with a receiving dock. I made arrangements with a local moving and storage company to receive the sofa and then deliver it to my house. This service cost me a little under $200.00. These guys were so quick getting the sofa in the house that I did not have time to take pictures outside.

As for Duane's customer service, I would rate it a 12 on a 10 scale. I sent him a picture of my existing H&M furniture and my rug so he could suggest several colors of leather. I added a few to his list and he had swatches sent to my home. The first leather on his list of suggestions nailed one of the colors in the rug and several of our painting exactly. Yes, Duane's eye for color is scary good.

What really impressed me was once I chose the leather, Duane checked with H&M and called me back as soon as he was told the leather was back ordered. Duane even checked with the person at Hancock and Moore that orders their leather shipments concerning when the next order of Quentessence Desert leather was expected to arrive. Unfortunately, the entire next shipment was already spoken for. He contacted me again and asked me if I wanted to wait for the 2nd order of leather or did I want to chose another leather. He even spent the time with me to discuss the logistics of choosing another leather vs waiting of the 2nd shipment. I took Duane's advice and waited.

Now contrast Duane's excellent customer service with what was provided by my local H&M dealer (a big box furniture store) when I purchased a few other pieces of H&M furniture. The local dealer took my order, collected the money, failed to pass on information from H&M that my furniture would be delayed for several weeks due to a leather back order, and the local dealer's contract "white glove" delivery service destroyed two sofas and chipped the finish on the four chairs that made it into my house in one piece.

Thanks Duane!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9873.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	7632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9870 reduced.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	7633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9874 reduced.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	7634

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Chantal Sofa #5992-3 in Quentessence Desert

Excellent! And thank you for the great review. That's a classy sofa and I agree money well-spent on the premium finish for that piece, it really makes it pop. Leathers like Quintessence will spoil you badly, because they quickly define what a luxury super-soft hide is, and they become a very popular piece to sit on.

I know you are being a gentleman, Kevin - but I do have to tell our readers that when your piece arrived, in spite of it being in the factory packing all the way to Oklahoma, it had a mark on the finish that it picked up somewhere along the line and had to be returned for restoration at H&M. There were delays in the return as the trucking company 'parked' it in a facility in Texas longer than it should have. We had to make a number of phone calls to get it moving out of Texas and back to North Carolina, and I thank you for your patience while we did all that. Those high-end finishes take time to restore so it was at H&M for about 8 working days before it went back out - and I appreciate your being understanding about it all. In spite of our best plans sometimes you just can't avoid picking up a mark on something, but we worked through it together and now its in a perfect spot in your home.

Thanks again for your business. I try to price aggressively and still offer a high level of service, and know its a leap of faith to order expensive pieces from a thousands miles away.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sebec Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Chantal Sofa #5992-3 in Quentessence Desert

Looks magnificent and with the Neko chairs too!