32" is WAY better. Everything in the H&M line will go through a 36" doorway or they re-engineer it so it will. 85 % of the line will clear a 34" doorway. I think the Lena will probably will clear a 32" opening, but it will still be tight.

Its interesting - you really can't get a feel for an operation until you spend some time among the production facility. Just taking a walk-around speaks volumes about what they make and the morale of the employees. A happy crew that feels they are paid decent for their work ALWAYS make a better product. Those that have poor working conditions or feel put upon only do enough to get by.

Years ago I was the largest dealer in country for D.R. Dimes and Company, a New Hampshire chair company that specialized in high style country furniture. I sold a lot of their product and would drive there to pick it up in my Frightliner. It was not a happy place for the workers, they were in terror of "Mr. Dimes" who ran the place on bells timed to the second. A bell rang to start work, a bell rang for break. One for lunch and one to return. At the end of the day, the quitting bell rang and everyone left THAT SECOND. Even if they were helping me load a truck, they would quit immediately and walk away...the place cleared out within 2 minutes of the final bell. One time I was walking back with Mr. Dimes to see a new piece in the back of the shop and we came up to a worker who had peed his pants at his station, it was quite obvious. Mr. Dimes asked him why he did that, and the worker responded that he was afraid to go to the bathroom because the break bell had not yet rung and he couldn't hold it. They built quality pieces because they had to or be instantly fired, but there was never one ounce of effort to do more than required.

At H&M, as you saw, the atmosphere is quite different. Everyone there knows they are part of the team, and they strive to make things as good as they can be. Nothing made by man is perfect, but they try harder than any other maker I've seen. Jimmy even keeps a full time nurse on staff and a medical room in the middle of the main plant. Any worker can go see her any time, for any reason - if nothing more then to get a splinter removed or an allergy shot - all at no charge. He doesn't have to do it, he does it because he cares for his employees. You will also find entire families working there at H&M, its a coveted job. You got to meet Gloria (and SHE is the one that makes things happen when we are in a crunch on an order. Gloria is my 'go-to' pal on tough jobs), and her daughter Tonya runs the Website and does all the advertising. Tonya graduated right at the top of her class at UNC, Chapel Hill and could have gone anywhere - but she wanted to work at H&M. Then there's Pam in Customer Service who is THE MACHINE. Pam knows more about Hancock and Moore than anyone there, I think. Pam's husband works in the plant as well, and does a lot of custom things needed. There are several families there at H&M and no turnover to speak of. Also, you won't find middle management there or fancy offices. Jack, Jimmy and Tim are the owners, and that's the management staff. Pretty impressive when you think they own H&M, Jessica Charles, Councill and most of Taylor King. All could have retired long ago on the profits, but they love their job. I call down there on Holidays and get Jack on the phone all the time...H&M is his baby, and he loves the business. He's also the smartest man in the industry that I've ever met. I like H&M because they run their company the way I like to run my store - we have common ground in our operating philosophy.

I have four or five Jessica Charles chairs on the floor, though I can't recall the models right this minute (at home replying). Jack bought that company a few years back when the owner retired and they build at separate location, but share the same leathers/fabrics/customer service Dept and quality in build.