Thread: Mid-Budget Reclining Sectional, Sofa, Chair and 1/2....

Default Mid-Budget Reclining Sectional, Sofa, Chair and 1/2....

Good Morning,

I've been looking for a new reclining couch or (2) Chair and a halfs that recline. Budget $6000-$8000. Space limit is 114". Ideally looking for a sofa, but open to (2) wide chairs, at least 35" seating, not including arms.

I saw this from American Leather, that I really liked the width of each seating being 35" https://www.americanleather.com/taos-sofa/. If we did a sofa we'd want 3 sections, no console.

The Hudson line is also something I liked, https://www.americanleather.com/hudson-sofa/, we would go with (2) 35" with arms, and one 23" middle section for 113" total.

Also, saw the Hancock and Moore, your way line, really liked it. Both are a bit out of our price range. We stopped at la-z-boy and everthing felt cheap.

Open to suggestions. Happy to PM anyone who would rather speak privately.

Thank you,

Default Re: Mid-Budget Reclining Sectional, Sofa, Chair and 1/2....

Dealers set their own prices, and you may find a wide disparity in pricing from one to another. I don't know where you are located, but I can tell you that from my store, the Hancock and Moore Your Way YM90-PR Sofa (either the Your Way 2 or Your Way 2) in a Group 1 leather is $ 7,898 before delivery fees (which are based on zip code/weight). That taps into the upper range of your price window, but its the best on the Market. No one builds motion like Hancock and Moore.

I have no hands-on experience with American Leather, but I do hear people come into my store that have owned it and the overwhelming majority of them say they would not be repeat buyers of the line. You may want to dig into reviews on that brand some more.

A Bradington Young Motion Sofa, their # 200 series (they best that they offer) is not quite at the H&M Level of build, but is more wallet friendly. You can get into one of theirs for $ 6,144 in GR 1 leather plus the shipping/delivery. It will have high quality cores, however pitch angles will be different than the H&M and it will also not have as much padding over the frame on sides and backs, and the legs will not be well integrated into the frame. Recliner mechs are high quality Leggett and Platt or Ultramek, same as H&M. This is my go-to motion line for my clients where cost is a priority.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Dealers set their own prices, and you may find a wide disparity in pricing from one to another. I don't know where you are located, but I can tell you that from my store, the Hancock and Moore Your Way YM90-PR Sofa (either the Your Way 2 or Your Way 2) in a Group 1 leather is $ 7,898 before delivery fees (which are based on zip code/weight). That taps into the upper range of your price window, but its the best on the Market. No one builds motion like Hancock and Moore.

I have no hands-on experience with American Leather, but I do hear people come into my store that have owned it and the overwhelming majority of them say they would not be repeat buyers of the line. You may want to dig into reviews on that brand some more.

A Bradington Young Motion Sofa, their # 200 series (they best that they offer) is not quite at the H&M Level of build, but is more wallet friendly. You can get into one of theirs for $ 6,144 in GR 1 leather plus the shipping/delivery. It will have high quality cores, however pitch angles will be different than the H&M and it will also not have as much padding over the frame on sides and backs, and the legs will not be well integrated into the frame. Recliner mechs are high quality Leggett and Platt or Ultramek, same as H&M. This is my go-to motion line for my clients where cost is a priority.
    Thank you for the information. Do you work with people online or only in your area?

We can ship most anywhere, though outside the USA it becomes more complex.
    Duane Collie

Sounds great. How can I get in touch via email? I'll send you over my configuration

keepingroom@gmail.com or you can use the quotes and orders section here on the forum.
    Duane Collie