Thread: Aggravation

Default Aggravation

Someone stole the rear tail lamp harness out of my Isuzu NPR ..... AGAIN. This is the 4th time. How irritating to go out to the truck today to make a delivery and find you have no tail lamps. Can't drive the truck like that, so we have to cancel deliveries and make repairs.

They want the three light bulbs, which are what..... $ 1.25 each at Advantage Auto? But the thief can't figure out how to un-twist the plastic tabs so they break the lens in the back, which means it won't hold the tail lamp sockets once they do that. Then they just rip the harness out and it separates at the break point. Now I have to go across town (again) for a new lens, harness and bulbs (again) and $ 125.00 and two hours later I get to come back and crawl under the truck to install in the winter. Lovely. Every two years, I get them ripped out it seems and its always in the middle of winter.

Off to go buy Isuzu parts tomorrow.....this summer, I'll figure out an LED lamp conversion and put an end to this pattern.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Aggravation

What a hassle! But, seriously--How weird. I've never heard of this happening repeatedly to someone. Is Isuzu NPR really a hot ticket in your part of the country?

Oh yes, that's the #1 selling small diesel truck. You probably pass fifty of them a day on a drive into the city where you live. Its the best truck on the road in its category. Parts get stolen off it all the time, because its parked at my store 24/7. Its amazing what gets stolen off or out of my trucks over the years. And I don't even mind losing the parts so much, but the real hassle is it puts the truck out of service for a day or two. Plus the dealer is 45 minutes away to get parts. I'd much rather have someone come into my store and ask for money to fix their truck than vandalize mine. Heck, I'd give them the price of the parts if they'd leave my truck alone!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

I think what you should do is have a little plaque made up and attach it to your bumper: "Tail Lights Electronically Monitored"

Odd I/O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    I think what you should do is have a little plaque made up and attach it to your bumper: "Tail Lights Electronically Charged"
    I fixed it for you.

Duane, to reduce down time for your truck maybe you should just buy a set of replacement parts and store them at your store ready to go since this seems to be a regular occurrence. When you get a new truck you can just re-sell any unused parts on Craig's List, etc...

This reminds me of an article I read recently about thieves stealing construction equipment from construction sites. And I'm not talking about tools but entire trucks, backhoes etc... from manufacturers like Caterpillar or Bobcat.