Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Retirement Notice

Default Re: Retirement Notice

My wife and I were shocked to hear the news. Perhaps the stroke will have a silver lining in allowing for earlier treatment of the cancer than if it had not occurred. We wish you and your wife strength in the journey ahead. Thank you for all you have done for us and please know you and your family are in our thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the cancer recurrence, but it sounds like you have a great team ready to fight it. Best wishes to you and your family!

Here is what is happening at The Keeping Room.

I am going on a long-planned vacation this Friday the 16th and the store will be closed through the 27th of February. Re-open Feb 28.

On Saturday, March 2nd we will be doing regular deliveries and moving EVERYTHING not sold to the upstairs. Expect the store to be in chaos on that Saturday. If necessary we will also move on Sunday the 3rd.

(Hint, anything downstairs between now and then, bring your best offer and I may accept it. The heavier it is, the more likely I will be!).

On Monday March 4th, I will go to closing and the new owner of the building takes possession of the property. The downstairs will immediately close and begin renovations to become the new owner's jewelry store. You will NOT be able to enter The Keeping Room from the ground floor entrance and instead will have to go to the opposite side of the building where there are two external stairways to come into The Keeping Room (see photo)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2953.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	15997

I will continue to run the store with the focus on selling off all remaning floor stock the month of March. All fabric and leather samples are gone with the exception of Hancock and Moore Leathers only. I would like to be out of the showroom by the end of March if at all possible. I am not sure what April will bring, we shall see.

Once the showroom is closed, I will maintain an off-site warehouse and at least one delivery truck, and my delivery crew until all orders have been delivered, and I have a lot. I expect these to run though June.

I do not like bartering. I never have and probably never will. I especially don't react well to lowball offers, that's just my personality, sorry. If you wish to make an offer on remaining floor stock, I will consider it - but it should be reasonable! Also, realize that EVERY Credit Card Transaction is 3% Merchant charges. Bring a Check or Cash for your best price (not a Debit card, they too have merchant fees). Also, for the very best price bring a truck and loading help. Please note I cannot waive Virginia Sales Tax in the store - that's illegal. Several people have recently asked me to waive it - I can't do it, sorry.

Note that I can no longer carry heavy items down staircases after my mini-stroke in July. And I do not have manpower standing around. So anything upstairs that has to be carried down the external staircase outside the building will have to wait until a Saturday OR you have to lift it yourself with a helper.

Once again, DO NOT use the lower "G" unit Entrance after March 2nd. Upstairs will be on the other side of the building in the "B" unit with outside stainways only. Thank you!
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-14-2024 at 12:56 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Congratulations! You have done honorable, deeply appreciated and successful work, and you deserve praise—and rest! Thank you for all you have taught me. I wish you the best of happiness, and enjoyment with your family! I especially wish you the best of health. Prayers.

Enjoy the much needed vacation. Selfishly, I hope you keep selling product even from home but I understand that isn’t always feasible nor wanted after working hard for so many years. Will be praying for ya with cancer treatment.