Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
Every leather at Hancock and Moore is Top Grain. FULL Top Grain means a pure aniline, however. Note that difference.

Tilton is a Pure Aniline from South America with a mild pull-up effect. GR3.

Document is a Finished leather from China. The copy on the H&M website is wrong. It's also a GR 3 (due to tariffs) and is not a leather I have ever liked. I refer to it as the "Cheez_Wiz" of leathers as its highly processed, over--painted and has an artificial look to it. But, a lot of people like Cheez-Wiz and Processed American Cheese, right? But for those who look for a higher standard, there is Piave Cheese out of Italy -its expensive but there is nothing quite like it with a nice bottle of Chianti. No one ever recommended a wine with Cheez-Wiz - but I digress...

FYI, a pure aniline does not have a "protective" finish, ever. "Protective" means painted.

Sounds like you have been talking in the phone with the customer service ladies at H&M. They are great, but most have been working there 6 months, maybe a year, its high turnover in the department and most don't know their leathers very well. They read from the book and when the book is wrong, well......

Tilton Ruby has not been dropped as far as I know. It should be current. Do you mean its just not on-hand and in-stock?
Wow drcollie, your knowledge is ridiculously vast. Been reading through the forum and you really know every answer!