Thread: Bradington Young couch... what recourse do I have?

TheBSharps Guest

Default Bradington Young couch... what recourse do I have?

We have had our B-Y sectional for only 5 months. Last week the hubby noticed that the stitching had come completely unraveled on parts of the back and seat cushions. This cushion is on a part of the sectional that is rarely used. We have babied this couch. No pets allowed and children have been discouraged. We spent a lot of time and effort, not to mention money, choosing what we thought was a quality sofa, but to see this happen after five months? What would cause a section of our couch to unravel so easily without being provoked? We have natuzzi's in our den that have been used and abused for years that are holding up better.

We called the store of purchase and they sent someone out promptly. They removed the leather covers of the two cushions where the seams were unraveling and left us with a sad looking half leather/ half naked cushioned sectional. They plan to re-stitch the unraveled seams.

I am upset by this problem and concerned about the future. I bought this couch as an investment... to last many years. I am afraid that it is going to be a lemon and fall apart like a cheap piece of ...(I'll let you fill in the blanks) I did my homework and I feel cheated. Is there any recourse? Am I just to depend on the store of purchase to fix this couch up every time something goes wrong? Without the leather covering on my couch cushions, I feel that it is susceptible to damage.

Any suggestions or thoughts to help me ease my anxiety? Thank you.

Meg

Default Re: Bradington Young couch... what recourse do I have?

Meg,

It can occur to any brand of furniture. Stiches can be defective and the thread could have failed to catch the loop on the machine. It happens.

There is warranty coverage for that and it sounds like your store is doing the right thing and repairing them promptly. Bad stitching usually shows up quickly, in less than the first year of ownership - as did yours. I suspect you will have no more issues once that is re-sewn. The store is doing the right thing and fixing the piece. Just like if you buy a new car and a part fails, they fix the part - not give you a new car or refund your money. Same thing.

Your sofa cores will be fine, and they have a lifetime warranty on them.

Best
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

TheBSharps Guest

Default Re: Bradington Young couch... what recourse do I have?

Thank you so much. That makes me feel much better... coming from you. I will relax now and wait for the mended product. Thanks again.

Meg