Thread: H and M Resotoration Sofa (4275)

cml Guest

Default H and M Resotoration Sofa (4275)

Dear Duane,

First of all, thanks so much for providing this forum. It's helpful and instructive and I've learned so much here.

I'm interested in the Hancock and Moore "Restoration" sofa.

Would you be able to provide a price quote in Class 1 and Class 2 leathers with delivery to Bergen County, NJ - zip 07666?
    Does it make a difference if I order one sofa or two, as I'm seriously considering?

(I think the Columbia Butternut, the Class 1 leather I'd consider, is probably too dark for what I'm looking for but I won't know for sure until I see it in real life.)

Would you recommend waiting the few weeks until the Feb. sale to order or do you think prices will rise before then?

Also, I prefer a sofa that sits "high and firm" to one that's soft. Is it possible to order this sofa with firmer cushions? Is there an upcharge for this?

Finally, a long shot question since you have such expertise in your product line: Is it possible to order the Restoration a bit longer, and what kind of upcharge is associated with this?

Again, thanks so much for providing this invaluable forum.

cml

Default Re: H and M Resotoration Sofa (4275)

Hi CML,

Welcome to the forum and glad you are finding good information on it! I was not too far from your house today on the New Jersey Turnpike headed up to the Vince Lombardi Rest Plaza to pickup furniture from Warren Chair Works.

The H&M Restoration # 4275 Sofa prices out:

Town and Country in Gr 2 Fenway Saddle (this is a GREAT leather) $ 2,659. In any other Fenway it would be $ 2,729. The last day at these prices will be this Saturday and on Monday the 11th there is appx a 5% increase in all T&C pieces.

Off the main rack. Gr 1: $ 2,513, Gr 2: $ 2,919

Ordering a pair saves you a little on freight, but thats about it. The deal is in Fenway Saddle, quite honestly. This is a very nice hide and the color is rich.

I have a new H&M price book at the store, but only about 1/5 the product is increasing on the main price list effective 01/11/2010. You're probably safe to wait until Feb for the 5% sale on main, off the handle hides. Town and Country is never a part of the sale to the very best deal going is to get the Fenway ordered by this Saturday and avoid the T&C price increases that start on Monday.

Yes, you can order firmer cushion cores at no extra charge. I would only recommend a Plus 1 firmness - the Plus 2 and Plus 3 can be pretty hard.

H&M will custom make most any piece. Lengthening a sofa requires a lot of work, however. New patterns have to be made for cutting the hide, custom sized cushions have to be ordered, and a new spring grid pattern has to be engineered, in addition to making the frame longer. A ballpark number would be $ 1,000 to lengthen a sofa, but I'd have to get a quote to be sure.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

cml Guest

Dear Duane,

Thanks so much for this information.

If I decide that I'm more comfortable purchasing at a local store (thanks for the sticky post delineating pros and cons of long distance purchasing) should they be able to get firmer cushions at no charge or is this something you do special that most don't?

I'd love to take advantage of the T&C program but I'm looking for a lighter brown - more toward tan, perhaps even as dark as "camel" or "honey" - than is available in the Fenway leather (sadly).

What is your opinion of the new "Portofino" leathers? The colors aren't yet up on the H and M website. Does that come in a light brown color? How dark is the "tobacco" that you've got pictured?

What other class 2 leathers might you recommend for the "Restoration" sofa for a household with kids?

With many thanks,

cml

cml,

H&M does not charge extra for 'extra firm' or 'extra full' cores, so your local dealer should not surcharge you to do that. Do not order more than a Plus 1 firmness, however - or you might them too stiff.

Best of the camel or honey colors are Colombia Butternut (Gr 1), Kipling Whiskey (Gr 2), Aspen Saddle (Gr 2) that come to mind, and there are several in gr 3 and 4.. The new Portofino photo I have posted is pretty accurate to color as its seen on the forum picture. No lighter tans in that series, sorry.
    Duane Collie

cml Guest

Dear Duane,

There's nothing like coming down to the wire as the Feb. sale draws to a close.

I have (finally) decided on two Restoration sofas in a Gr. 1 leather - Columbia Butternut.

I had thought that I'd prefer to purchase locally, but, even though the local dealer's price on the gr. 2 leather was quite competitive, his price on the gr. 1 leather was much less so (go figure).

Can you confirm that the price on the Restoration Gr. 1 leather would still be as posted above, less 5% for the Feb. sale?

What would shipping for two Restoration sofas to Bergen County New Jersey run?

I realize that I need to make final decisions for this purchase in the next day or so (Wednesday at the absolute latest).

As always, thanks so much for this forum and the wealth of information you provide.

cml

Yes, the sale period ends Wednesday, March 4th and there won't be another until August. There is no grace period from H&M, so I have to have all orders on the fax by close of business on Wednesday (hope everyone doesn't call at once or its going to be a long night!).

$ 2,407 apiece in GR 1 during the sale period is correct. There was a slight price increase on this model in January.

Plan on $ 300 shipping +/- for two sofas, depending on company used.

Thanks!
    Duane Collie