Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Town and Country

envirochick Guest

Default H&M Town and Country

Hello Mr. Collie:

I've been looking through both this and gardenweb forum and wondered if you could provide me with some current info regarding the T&C promo series.

1. Which H&M sofa models are part of the program?
    2. Are the hides from China?
    3. If so, are they to your quality standards (ie., do you recommend them)?

I guess I'll start with those questions and we'll go from there. Much thanks.

I have a list of the Town and Country items on a spreadsheet at my store, as soon as I get a chance I'll post the file. There are quite a few models in the group, but H&M does not notate which are and are not on the website as not every dealer has the Town and Country Program.

Hides in the T&C program that are sourced from China are Document and Cavalier. It's actually quite difficult to find out the source country for origin of the hides. Many hides may start a tanning process in one country and then be shipped to China for final finishing. In other instances, such as Kipling, that was originally an Italian hide but that company has opened a tannery in China, so you could get one batch of Kipling from Italy, the next batch from China.

Yes, I have zero issues with the Chinese Married Cover hides coming from H&M, and I cannot say the same for Bradington-Young. Its obvious to me that H&M is not using the same facility for their Chinese-made product as B-Y does.

The finest hides for H&M are coming out of Europe, but they are not so price-friendly. Most will be Class III or IV in price, but they are tremendously luxurious.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

envirochick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have a list of the Town and Country items on a spreadsheet at my store, as soon as I get a chance I'll post the file. There are quite a few models in the group, but H&M does not notate which are and are not on the website as not every dealer has the Town and Country Program.

Yes, many of the hides (but not all) in the T&C program are sourced from China. The most common of them are Document and Cavalier. It's actually quite difficult to find out the source country for origin of the hides. Many hides may start a tanning process in one country and then be shipped to China for final finishing. In other instances, such as Kipling, that was originally an Italian hide but that company has opened a tannery in China, so you could get one batch of Kipling from Italy, the next batch from China.

Yes, I have zero issues with the Chinese Married Cover hides coming from H&M, and I cannot say the same for Bradington-Young. Its obvious to me that H&M is not using the same facility for their Chinese-made product as B-Y does.

The finest hides for H&M are coming out of Europe, but they are not so price-friendly. Most will be Class III or IV in price, but they are tremendously luxurious.
    Thanks Duane. I look forward to seeing the spreadsheet. It may help me, and others, become more informed. I like H&M, although my local store is extremely expensive for any H&M product and I would have to order elsewhere. I have also looked at McKinley Leather Furniture. Are you familiar with their product? I like that they are a benchmade product and all from the USA. After reading your reply, however, I do wonder if their hides are obtained, tanned, sewn in China. I suppose you can still tout "American Made" even if your materials are from elsewhere.

Thanks again.

Bobby Guest

Here's the Hancock and Moore spreadsheet on Town and Country items.

Attached Files Attached Files

McCall Guest

I tried the file and windows does not seem to want to open it. says it must know the program that created it. By the way Duane my computer skills are not good either.

Bobby Guest

Click on the file and save to your computer somewhere. Then open Excel and open the file. You'll need Microsoft Excel to veiw the file. If you don't have it, OpenOffice is a free MS Office clone that allows you to view all of MS' files.

Thanks Bobby!

Bobby really is the smartest computer guy I know....he can fix anything.
    Duane Collie

casey Guest

Default Town and Country pricing spreadsheet

http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0...ir.asp?EXT=php when i try to download the spreadsheet, i get this response. I am not very computer savy, so is there another way to access this spreadsheet, Duane? Thank you.

Bobby Guest

Right click on the link and save as.

Be sure to complete your registration here on the site as well. You can't download files or view photos unless you are registered.
    Duane Collie