Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Town and Country

crouch Guest

Default Highlands Sofa

Duane,

I see in your new Town and Country for 2009 post that the Highlands Sofa has been added to the program. I was unfamiliar with that sofa before but it interests me - I like that it's deeper than most (inside depth 24") and has that traditional den-like look.

Would you be able to give me an idea on price? Also, any thoughts on the Buckingham Merlot Burnished leather it comes in as compared for example to the Document leathers that the September sofa in the T&C program comes in?

Lastly, have you by chance done a sit test in the Highlands? I'm looking for very high "laying around watching tv" comfort.

Thanks.

The new Highlands sofa was rolled out in 2008, and its LONG and DEEP. You really want to make sure you have a wide doorway and hallway for egress with this one, its going to be big and heavy. Keep in mind that with deep internal depth sofas when shorter people sit upright in them their feet won't touch the floor, but for lounging in they're great.

I've not seen on in person, sorry.

Price in Town and Country in Buckingham Burnished Merlot is $ 3,590.00 This is a new leather for H&M and I don't have swatches of it yet, but it looks good in the photos.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Odd I/O Guest

Duane, can you confirm that the Patriot office chair and the Cabo sofa are no longer included in the Town and Country Collection?

Correct. What you see in the 2009 photos is the entire program. However, remember that we're still working on the old program until 2008, so if you want the Cabo and the Patriot, you still have a week to order them up.
    Duane Collie

Odd I/O Guest

Unfortunately I'm not ready to buy yet. How much would both pieces be outside of the Town and Country program in Class 2/3 leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not ready to buy yet. How much would both pieces be outside of the Town and Country program in Class 2/3 leather?
    No price increases coming, so here's the current price and how they will remain in pricing for the foreseeable future.

# 1587ST Patriot Office Chair (this is a great chair, I delivered one this past summer and was impressed with it):

Grade 1: $ 1,981
    Grade 2: $ 2,156
    Grade 3: $ 2,261

Currently in Town and Country at $ 1,821 in Mesquite Saddle Burnished Leather which is a Grade 2 hide.

# 4721 Cabo Sofa:

Grade 1: $ 2,968
    Grade 2: $ 3,486
    Grade 3: $ 3,794

Currently in Town and Country at $ 2,792 in Kipling Saddle Leather which is a Grade 2 hide.

These two pieces are definitely coming off the Town and Country promo, so the last day to order them from any dealer at a reduced price will be 12/31/08.

Duane Collie

unstick...
    Duane Collie

crouch Guest

Duane,

A few other questions about the Highlands sofa.

On the H&M website, there's a 4425 Highlands sofa (w/ 25.5 inch inside depth) and a 5010 Highlands sofa (w/ 24 inch depth). The 4425 is shown in fabric (I think) and the 5010 in leather. Can the 4425 be purchased in leather? If so, what would the price be for Antelope leather?

Also, can you give me a price for the 5010 in Antelope? I haven't seen a Buckingham swatch yet (which is the Town and County leather for that piece) but really liked the Antelope when I felt that recently.

Lastly, you mentioned the Highlands is a big sofa that needs a wide doorway and hallway for egress. I'm fine on the hallway size and there is no obstacle once inside my front door (it's a wide, straight shot center hall), but the front door is just a standard size metal door. How big do you think it needs to be?

Thanks for your continuing help.

crouch Guest

Duane,

Normally you respond to questions right away - I must have finally exhausted you with my neverending quest to find a deep-seated sofa.

If you can find a way to answer the above re: the Highlands, I'll try to refrain from barraging you with more. But I can't make any promises....

I think I've narrowed it down to the Highlands or the Sundance with the Highlands leading b/c of the straight back versus the curved back of the Sundance.

Oh, sometimes I just miss a post, sorry!
    Duane Collie