Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&M Town and Country

Quote Originally Posted by crouch View Post
    Duane,

A few other questions about the Highlands sofa.

On the H&M website, there's a 4425 Highlands sofa (w/ 25.5 inch inside depth) and a 5010 Highlands sofa (w/ 24 inch depth). The 4425 is shown in fabric (I think) and the 5010 in leather. Can the 4425 be purchased in leather? If so, what would the price be for Antelope leather?

Also, can you give me a price for the 5010 in Antelope? I haven't seen a Buckingham swatch yet (which is the Town and County leather for that piece) but really liked the Antelope when I felt that recently.

Lastly, you mentioned the Highlands is a big sofa that needs a wide doorway and hallway for egress. I'm fine on the hallway size and there is no obstacle once inside my front door (it's a wide, straight shot center hall), but the front door is just a standard size metal door. How big do you think it needs to be?

Thanks for your continuing help.
    Are you ready for this? That's the same sofa, just one number is used for the one in fabric (# 4225) and the other model number is used for the one in leather (#5010). The measurements were taken off two different Highland sofas and you will get that kind of variance due to the handmade nature of the H&M product. Different upholsterers, different outer covers, foam and cushion variances, etc. Confusing, I know. Once in a while I will have a customer who needs a sofa to be made as close to the spec as possible and we will notate that on the purchase order.

Front legs on a Highlands are removable if need be. I can't tell you the size door needed off-hand but generally speaking 33" or better is good for the bulk of the H&M line. Measure yours and let me know what it is if we need specifics.

Antelope is a Grade III hide so it prices out at $ 4,228 + shipping.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

crouch Guest

Excellent. I think I now have exhausted my questions and need to consider actually pulling the trigger on one of these things. I'm over thinking it because I know I'll be watching tv on that couch for the next 10-15+ years. Thanks.

<laughing> You won't be the first to 'overthink' a sofa purchase and I doubt you'll be the last. Its more difficult to buy a high quality sofa as first of all it cost more, and secondly it will last longer. If you had to buy a car that you were going to keep for 15 to 20 years it would probably take you a lot longer to purchase as well ! Take your time and when you're ready and its affordable to do so, then pull the trigger. I don't anticipate any price increases in the near future from H&M , so you do have time.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.