Thread: Standard Cushion

Default Standard Cushion

Several stores have the promotional version of the 1021 Wing chair on the floor. I noticed the cushion on the seat doesn't compress much so I guess on the promo chair they don't use the standard cushion of Qualex and down wrap. Are they using a solid foam cushion on it?

Also the bustle back on the 1021 is very firm, much firmer than on the 7014 Miller, for example, or the Austin. There's no down in that baby so what are they putting in the 1021 back cushions. Are they using extra fill in it because the bustle seems fuller?

If a customer wants to feel what a firmer cushion feels like, just sit in the promo 1021. That cushion doesn't compress much.

Default Re: Standard Cushion

The standard cushion does not have a down wrap at all (that would be the ultra down). That would be the Dupont Quaalax cushion, which is an engineered foam and very durable. Remember too, that on a recliner you're on a metal integrated spring deck, not an 8-way hand-tied, so they tend to sit firmer than a stationary piece.

I hate to say it, but I don't floor the # 1021 H&M chairs because the B-Y # 4114 is identical for all aspects but blows the H&M model away on price. I've mentioned this to the head folks at H&M and they don't know how B-Y can aggressively price the 4114 like they do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.