Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowing!

Default Snowing!

Its snowing at the store today in Virginia....very quiet. Not one person has come in today other than the mailman. About 6" on the ground. Good paperwork catch-up day. All the orders accumulated for the H&M Feb Sale went into day as well - I faxed in a large batch to them. Think I'll wait a bit more, then go home early!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Snowing!

10" down in High Point. Everything is closed down, including my showroom.

We were only supposed to get a dusting, 2 inches or so. Already 8" in my driveway (been out with the snowblower once tonight).

My next career is going to be a weatherman. The only job I know where you can be wrong on a daily basis and still be employed.
    Duane Collie

I suggest you come on up North if you want to have steady business when it snows 6-10". Something tells me that I doubt you would want to trade a few days of slow business because of the high amount of snow (for your area) for an area where 6-10" of snow is just another average snow storm.

Argh! Just heard the weather report for Wash DC area. Supposedly we are going to get 18" to 24" of snow beginning Friday late morning and lasting through Saturday. I can't wait.....that's two snowy Saturdays in a row. BAD for business!

Note: I may not have the store open on Saturday, depending on the severity. Will forward the store phone to my cell phone, however.
    Duane Collie

Nancy Guest

Smile Re: Snowing!

Ouch Duane! That is quite a bit of winter, guess the groundhog was correct. Here in northern California, at 1200 feet elevation, we're in the mid fifties this week and mid sixties next. The frogs are roaring nightly in the surrounding ponds. Daffodils are growing and Sandhill cranes are flying north. No groundhogs in California.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Argh! Just heard the weather report for Wash DC area. Supposedly we are going to get 18" to 24" of snow beginning Friday late morning and lasting through Saturday. I can't wait.....that's two snowy Saturdays in a row. BAD for business!

Note: I may not have the store open on Saturday, depending on the severity. Will forward the store phone to my cell phone, however.
    Now that much snow would stop people where I live for the most part. I would say for your area if you get 18" or more it's probably best to stay home and wait for the road crews to do their job.

I'm not liking the winter of 2009 / 2010! Too much cold, too much snow. This is the SOUTH, we're not supposed to have all this white stuff!

I am so tempted to go out and buy one of those Honda snowblowers with the tank treads. They throw snow fifty feet, whereas my sorry Troy-Bilt can't handle the big stuff and just displaces it about eight feet - won't throw it far enough to get it off my driveway pad from the center of it. Of course, if I were to get that Honda, then it would stop the snow right in its tracks.
    Duane Collie

Duane

If you lived closer I would let you borrow one of mine

I love Snowblowers

These are only the ones I use. I have a few more stored in the shed.

I am SO envious....TWO Hondas big boyz and that Ariens is no slacker.
    Duane Collie