Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Price Quotes

Default Re: Price Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BobE View Post
    This kind of strikes a nerve with me. As with everyone else, I'm sure everyone started their furniture exploration with stores as close to home as possible. I visited 7 stores within 150 miles that sell "high" end products. I didn't say inventory, I said sell (order). Very little inventory. As I walked in most, if not all, I experienced sales staff sitting around visiting one another. As I learned more from Duane and the forums, I found these people to be very courteous, but very uneducated. They should spend more time reading this forum and less visiting. The thing that H&M and B-Y should know, as these people complain about Duane's pricing, is that these salespeople were more concerned about directing me to Flexsteel Latitudes (5 stores) or Elite leather (2 stores) sets made in China. When I mentioned China as a negative, they worked long and hard to convince me the companies maintain the same quality. I don't necessarily have to buy the best products, however, I want to buy from someone I trust at least somewhat. I don't know Duane from Adam, however, thru this forum, the garden web, and our discussions, he has earned a certain level of my trust.

Duane, I know you have got to do the politically correct thing, but maybe these complainers should work a little harder for H&M or B-Y and not just expect entitlement to their sales because they rep and over price their products. Keep up the good work.
    I wonder how much mark up they have on Elite and Flex Latitudes compared to their BY,H&M lines. Of course doing your research on this forum you probably had a good idea what you could get BY and H&M for and if you told the dealer your budget, the sales persons may rather not lower their prices( or not been able to) anywhere close to what your budget was. Now if that was the case those sales persons would still try to make a sale and direct you to something they do sell in your budget range regardless of the quality difference.

BobE Guest

Most Latitudes / Elite were $1800 minimum. It's odd, I did not see any non-latitude series leather (American Made) at the stores. I'm sure that selling the lower priced product allows them to maintain a higher margin versus selling H&M/B-Y with lower prices. I'm sure it's a tough business. I think that H&M and B-Y should truly cherish people like Duane that do such a great job selling the merits of their quality products rather that just dumping lower cost inferior products just to make a sale.

+1 BobE - Very well spoken and I agree with you 100%

I just had a pretty terrible experience earlier this week w/ a store about an hour away from me. My girlfriend called and got a quote on a bed frame we were interested in. After driving an hour to see it in person a few days later, *surprise*, they told me they made a slight mistake and the piece was actually 300 dollars more than quoted. Bait and switch.

I told them in a very even voice that they would never get my business and walked out. My girlfriend has a friend who is a designer, and she had her call the same store (even though I told her not to bother) to see if they offered a trade discount. They told her yes, sure - and if she wanted to wait a few more days, there was a sale on the bed frame this weekend! Unbelievable.

H&M should realize (and I'm sure they do) what a fantastic asset it is to have an honest dealer like Duane repping them.

Just had to vent..