So finally the weather cooperated and my husband and I were able to make the trip from NJ to VA to visit Duane's shop. It was a long, but exciting day. We had gone down 90% sure on what model sofa we wanted, but wanted to see what was on the floor at The Keeping Room. After sitting on some fabulous sofas we decided on our original choice of the Kodiak for our family/TV room. We fixed the one minor issue I had with the sofa by having +1 cushions put in the seats. We then decided to go with chairs (after about an hour Duane helped me convince my husband we really needed 2 other chairs not only one--Thanks Duane!!) instead of a second couch for versatility. We do not currently live in a permanent residence and know we will be moving in a few years as we cannot afford to stay here long term. For chairs we decided on the Austin High-Back Tilt-Back chair and ottoman (2 of them). My husband sat in the one in the show room and fell in love with it. Finally we decided on the Carrington ottoman.

Now the fun part, the leather choices...for the Kodiak we are getting Capri Birch and on the chairs Capri Claret. We had thought we were going to go with the Carpri Tobacco on the couch and Capri Birch on chairs, but we absolutely fell in love with the Capri Claret on a chair in the store! so to pull it all together we decided to have fun with the ottoman...we are going with a Claret Croc on the top, Capri Birch on the bottom, a Capri Birch button on the top (to pop in the middle of the Claret Croc) and P and Q nails on the middle and bottom of the ottoman (the chairs and couch will have S nails). We are really excited to see our furniture and are hoping it will be done in time to be delivered to our new rental (we move in May 1). We will post pictures when we get everything and let you all see.

Finally I want to say Duane was the most helpful salesperson we have ever had the pleasure of working with. It can be intimidating making such a large purchase, especially as young people just starting out with "grown up" purchases like really good quality furniture. We felt he was being completely honest and not just out to make a sale or get the most money he could out of us...truthfully he doesn't need to as he obviously has a great reputation in VA. Well thanks for reading and we will be around the boards for the next few weeks and will post pics as soon as we have them!