Thread: Mom threw out my comic books...

Default Mom threw out my comic books...

I was an avid reader of comic books back when I as a pup in the late 50's and early 60's. Spent all my allowance on them and had early Superman, Batman, Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel + others and kept them all in boxes in my room. As I got older I didn't read them much, but they were still tucked away, hundreds of them.

I went away to college in 1974 with only two instructions to my family. Don't toss out my old comic books or motorcycle magazines and keep my younger sister away from my coin collections. Well, the folks moved to Washington DC while I was at Florida State and they tossed my comic book collection in whole, they didn't want to move it. And my 15-year-old sister got my coin collection and spent it all at face value at the 7-11 on candy.

While I didn't have Batman # 1, I had a lot of good ones that were very old. Look at this, sold yesterday. Highest price ever paid for a comic book, it was grade 8 out of 10.... $ 1,075,500.00

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_ite...althome-121009
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Mom threw out my comic books...

I know my father had the same thing happen to him though his comics weren't the superhero types some of them had to be worth money. Of course my Grandmother claims she never threw them out so who knows maybe there just buried in a box somewhere.

I collected some comics when younger and luckily none have been thrown out yet. Though I doubt there is a million dollar comic in my small collection hopefully a few are worth some money.