Thread: Bradington-Young Specs

Default Bradington-Young Specs

I'm looking at the hi leg lounger #4010 and I don't know what they are measuring when they put in the "back to seat height" measurement of 17.5". What does this mean? Other chair considerations are the #3117 and #3005.
    Both my wife and I are about 5'8" and we're looking for a recliner chair for each of us in grade III leather for our adult family room. There are no H&M retailers on this end of the map (Vancouver Island, Canada).
    Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Bradington-Young Specs

What I am asking aboutis that the seat height is 22" and the back of the seat is only 17".

This seems like the height of a back of a low slung couch, vice a recliner. Is 17" high enough for a back rest of a recliner? This seems wrong to me.

Any help?

B-Y forgot to put in the overall dimensions of that piece on the web site, The 4010 Recliner measures 34.5" W, x 37" D, x 39.5" H.

Seat height is 22"

17.5" Refers to the distance from top of the seat to the top of the back. The whole recliner is 39.5" high overall.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks Duane for your response (and this site),

I was measuring my 15 year old L-Boy, and the seat to back height is 26", and the seat height is about 18"; this =approx. 44". The chair is old and I sink at least 3" (depending on a light or heavy day).

Checking out the B-Y, it seems too short, despite my gut saying that it is good.

I was also looking for some comfirmation, if someone of 5'8" would find these B-Y numbers acceptable and comfortable?

That model (4010) you are looking at is kind of funky. For one thing it has a very high seat height that puzzles me at 22". That' way above average. And the back does look short, thought the overall height is in the standard range. You would have to have a 34" inseam to feel good in a 22" seat height chair - whats up with that?

I find B-Y builds a lot of funky chairs and recliners that come and go in the line, this appears to be one of those.

At 5'8" try looking at one with a 19" seat height, 20 - 21" inside depth, and 38" or better on overall height.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks Duane,

My wife has an aversion to the formal look and the tacks, so we're looking for a transitional(?) look for the family room. This family room is open to the kitchen, in fact, it could be considered the same room, so we're not going with full aniline grade four or better, we don't eat on the furniture. We're considering the grade 3 leather and hoping it has enough protection to withstand the occasional mishap.

You are generous with your time and advice, too bad I'm on the other side of the North American map.