Thread: Taylor King sectional size

fastbreak Guest

Default Taylor King sectional size

Hello, new to the forum. What a great place for information.

I have a question on the Taylor King sectional Azalea Faire, their website does not give an overall wall space requirement for the following setup.

47-60 L love seat
    47-60 R love seat
    47-70 qtr turn wedge

They give a width on the love seat of 56.5 inches, but I need to know what the wall space reqment is overall with the wedge.

I also need to know if the unit can be ordered with wedge or leg instead of skirt and are the backs semi attached or loose?

It looks like Taylor KIng would be a great option for fabric covered sectional. Thanks, and I look forward to more posting.

Default Re: Taylor King sectional size

You're going to need 106" on each side along the wall with that combination.

Yes, you can order that with an exposed leg but it won't be inexpensive. There are two charges if you do, one is to upholster the base of each piece, and that means three pieces. The other is to add a leg no more than 3.5" to 4" to maintain height. Together those custom charges would add $ 1,022 if ordered from my store in addition to the cost of the piece itself.

Backs are standard as semi-attached, but can be ordered as loose backs.

Glad you are liking the the forum!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fastbreak Guest

Thank you Duane.

We are still debating leather vs fabric. Wife=fabric.....Me=Leather.

The 106 would be perfect. We have 107.75" limit on one leg of the sectional. The H&M September or Journey would fit perfectly. I noticed that you could order those items in fabric as well. So I have a question. In similar grades of fabric, wich do you think would be more econcomical between the two, Tayor King or Hanckock and Moore? I know both companies make great products.

On the Taylor we would need the legs, my wife does not like the skirts.

Thanks again.

You can tell your wife that leather outlasts fabric by 4 to 1, and that a re-upholster job on a sectional using $ 50 a yard material will cost about $ 3,000! That puts the ball squarely in the camp of leather for best bang for the buck on cover wear.

Yes, Taylor King and Hancock and Moore are very similar in build. Quality in both lines.

Its difficult to say which is the better buy without having mores specifics such as coverings to find cost grades, etc. There can be quite a variance. The September and Journey H&M sectionals don't need the custom work, so I would think that will overall give them the price advantage. The H&M September is also in the Town and Country Promo as well, in both leather and fabric, and that may be the best value as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.