Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor King Cozy Creations

fastbreak Guest

Default Taylor King Cozy Creations

I have been looking at the Taylor King website. It looks like they have a line called cozy creations. It does not tell if the construction method varies from their std.Taylor King line.

Could you tell me the diff in construction between cozy creations and std?

Such as seat cushion; and what you reccomend from them for seat cushion construction........spring vs. foam?

Thanks

Default Re: Taylor King Cozy Creations

Cozy Creations is regular Taylor King construction (8-way hand-tied, double-doweled, hardwood frames) but is slightly smaller than the main line as it was designed for condo and apartment usage. Frames cannot be customized in Cozy Creations but other than that its regular T-K.

Foam or Spring, all depends on your preference! In fabric, I prefer Spring Down, but in leather I tend to like Qualux foam.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fastbreak Guest

A couple of more questions about the kingsroad line. Is the std. cushion a foam cushion? And can you upgrade to a spring down? I have sat on a std cushion, but never a spring down. I would be interested in why you prefer the spring cushion on the fabric unit....firmness?

Also how long does King Taylor warrant their cushion options?

Thanks,

King's Road is the 'value' line of Taylor King. The only practical differences between it and the premium line is that you cannot customize the frames, and it will come standard with the "UltraAire" cushion which is in essence and DuPont Qualux core. There are several cushions options, and rather then re-typing them from the book, I have scanned the page here as an attachment.

TK warranties their cushions for five years, with the exception of the E-Z Down which has a one year warranty. They pay the freight for the 1st year, and in years 2 through 5, customer pays the shipping.

I like 'Spring Down" because it gives you the feel of a down cushion, yet with the encased Marshall unit insert, will bounce back up to 90% of the height unlike pure down and feathers which has a high crush to it and requires fluffing. In TK, the two most popular cushion selections are the Spring Down and the Catalina Down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TK cushions 001.jpg 
Views:	952 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	872  
    Duane Collie

fastbreak Guest

Thank you sir. Your expertise is much appreciated.

susan Guest

What is the difference between Spring Down and Catalina Down? Is one better than the other?

Spring down has a Marshall unit at its core whereas Catalina Down uses a polyurethane core. They are not all that different and I think it confuses everyone to offer such similar products. Rule of thumb: Spring down in Fabric, Poly core down in Leather.
    Duane Collie

javamama Guest

I am posting as a new Forum member, Thanks for all of the previous advice I have read here! Does the Cozy Creations line of Taylor King have a limited fabric selection for upholstery? A local store in Baltimore County, MD seemed to have much less choice available Thanks in advance for your reply!

You can put any of the 1,500 fabrics that Taylor King shows on the Cozy Creations. I have all the fabrics in my store, an hour away.
    Duane Collie

erinn Guest

Name:  lee sofa.png
Views: 1868
Size:  14.6 KB
    Hi Daune

I'm interested in the Taylor King Cozy Creation line. I visited a local dealer and was thoroughly unimpressed with the sales person's knowledge of the product. If you’re able to help me from a far then I'd rather by from you.

Below is a list of what I am looking for but I'm open to other suggestions:

-small scale fabric sofa that goes well with existing arts and crafts oak furniture. I attached a sofa style I like. We live in a small craftsman bungalow and this sofa will go in a room that is 12x12, the sofa wall is 102 inches. Just need enough room for a floor lamp on one end. I was considering the 54inch left arm loveseat & 31.5 inch right arm chaise with track arms.

Questions:

-Can short block legs be done on this line? I have cats that I do not want to be able to crawl under the sofa. They tore the under lining off my current one.
    -Need a tightly woven fabric with little texture. The naughty furry duo love to claw anything with a texture. Would like a neutral solid color in the mid tones. Chocolate brown is too dark and linen white too light. Would you be able to send samples that match my criteria?

-Can nail heads be added to the bottom of the sofa as shown in my example attachment? Do you think the nail heads would look good on the L shape sofa I'm thinking of from the Cozy Creation line?

-We sat in a Taylor King sofa with Catalina down. My husband really liked it but I thought it was just a bit too soft. Would spring down be a bit firmer?

-We were hoping to spend no more than $2500. Is this particular sofa in our budget?

-The sofa I'm considering would be 80.5 inches wide due to the track arm, correct? Chaise is 63.5 in depth, right? Do they have any that are 60 inches in depth?