Duane,

We spoke a few times by e-mail and over in the "other" furniture forum but now I'm coming here for some help on my predicament. Long story but I feel I better tell in full so I can get the correct advice.

I looked for furniture high and low and finally settled on a Smith Brothers couch and recliner in fabric. After about a month wait at the end of April this year the items were delivered, the items were correct in appearance and nothing seemed wrong with their structure. I did notice on the fabric several fabric knots that the delivery personnel said they can send out someone to look them over and take care of. One knot they cut off at delivery time but it left a bit of a hole in the recliner front side panel. They delivery person noted it on the receipt and then said it would be replaced soon as they got a new one from the manufacturer.

The recliner other than a few knots and the tiny hole has worked well. The panel though still has not been replaced. The store now claims they want to send the chair back with the couch (see below for that).

The couch is a different story. The showroom one was in leather and the one I received was fabric so I knew the leather would feel a bit softer with a little more give but the chair was also the same and it sits pretty close. But the couch to this day sits way different than the showroom model even after five months. The couch I got almost pushes you off it's so stiff/bouncy, the seat cushions you feel like your rocking side to side if you sit on them in the middle. Twice the sales person has visited and twice he seemed to agree with me that there is a problem and it's not right. Recently on the one side the couch is making a slight clunk when sitting down. Also the seat cushion welts look horrible to my eye in that they are twisting and not following a straight line. I even have had a upholstery store owner over and they felt the couch cushions were overstuffed. There also exists some knots.

I have spent months trying to get these problems corrected but due to circumstances at the dealer this hasn't happened yet. I won't go into all the details but let's say I have been for the most part patient and followed up on my end. I did speak with the owner who explained why things took so long and apologized which I accepted but explained I want things made right which he agreed to do. He said they will be coming out to pick up my furniture and send back to the manufacturer to let them fix it right. I was told the first week in October I should hear something, I figure last week and the beginning of this week would be that time period. So I have the owner's word they want to make things right and that things are going to happen soon.

My questions are how much longer should I be patient? So far other than calling them every few weeks I haven't done anything else but am willing to if it keeps going on. What options do I have if things keep dragging?

I'm hoping that most of this post will be made irrelevant this week and the dealer will come through but if that doesn't happen I'd appreciate any advice what to do next instead of just getting upset.