Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transitional Sofa - H&M

ann_vb Guest

Default Transitional Sofa - H&M

Which of the sofas by Hancock & Moore would you classify as transitional? I want something that is very cozy and comfortable - but with a more contemporary/transitional design. Any suggestions? This will be the main sofa for our family and comfort is very important in addition to the style.

Default Re: Transitional Sofa - H&M

Too many models to list....just browse the H&M website and you should find fifty or more....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ann_vb Guest

I have narrowed down my choices. Can you comment on the comfort of these models? I am 5'5", my husband is 6'. It is so hard to make the choice without trying these sofas in person. I would prefer loose cushions in the back also, but can't tell by the pictures which ones are loose and which ones aren't.
    Restoration
    Lennon
    Lena
    Cabo
    Savant
    Garden
    Thanks so much for your input.
    Last edited by ann_vb; 04-07-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: One more choice - what about the Campaign sofa?

Comfort is a criteria that is so subjective that is really difficult to recommend one over the other, and opinions rendered really are not the best basis on which to make a buy decision.

Of the pieces listed, I only find the Restoration sofa # 4275 to be a little too short in the back for my tastes, the others are all mainstream-sitting sofas. The Restoration is the only one with a tight back as well, the others are all loose backs.

Of those listed, my overall favorite is the Cabo. Great style, a sofa that sits 'large' and not too hard, not too soft.
    Duane Collie

ann_vb,

I am looking for a sofa similar in style to what you're looking for. Something with cleaner, simpler lines, but something that's really comfortable since it will be the main spot in the family room. I live in Chesterfield and was wondering if you've been able to find any of these styles at any stores in the St. Louis area. I would definitely prefer to sit on something before buying it as I'm sure most people would. I found a Leathercraft 920 on the floor at a local design showroom which we really liked, but I'm trying to buy H&M if I can find the right style and price. Just curious if you've had any luck in your search in our area.

Thanks!!
    Krissy

ann_vb Guest

No - I haven't found any of these sofas in St. Louis. Schuberts on Manchester has a few H&M items - but not what I'm looking for. It is VERY hard to make a purchase without trying it first. I went to Edwin Pepper also, but they didn't have any sofas - just 1 chair (Founder recliner). I am looking at the new Jordan sofa, but I change my mind a lot.

I change my mind a lot too. Right now I really like the Donovan, but I'm worried that the sofa paired with 2 matching chairs will be a bit "leggy" in the room. So I was thinking of the Leathercraft 920 sofa with the 2 Donovan chairs but I'm worried about combining leather colors. If you haven't looked at Leathercraft yet, take a peek. They have some nice styles and Duane of course has great pricing. I found the 920 on the floor at Frank Patton on Manchester so at least you can sit on it.

Duane, do you know if H&M knows who has what styles on display through display pricing? I know it's a long shot, but I know that juliel is in this area as well and she's looking at the same styles that ann_vb and I are. So if we could find them somewhere that would be awesome.

No, sorry...the only way to find out whom has what on the floor is to make the phone calls, H&M won't even know, there is no database to keep track of what dealer has what items.
    Duane Collie

ann_vb Guest

I saw some Leathercraft sofas on the website that fall right in line with what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

You might also try Bakers Odds and Ends. They also have a few H&M pieces - a Lennon, Ritz, and more. Their store is located in Warson Woods on Manchester. You can't order from them, just purchase what they have. But atleast you can try out some different sofas/chairs/recliners.

I will definitely check out that store, thanks! Out of curiosity what else did you find on Leathercraft's website? Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything

The Ritz looks somewhat similar to the Donovan and the Jordan. Anyone have any idea if they sit similarly?