Thread: Price Incereases

Default Price Incereases

I'm hearing the drumbeat of manufacturers complaining about raw material costs going up significantly. Everything from cost of steel (up 30 %) to transport costs from China. Oil prices are on the uptick once again as well and that adds to foam costs as well as transport prices.

Most manufacturers have done really well holding the line on prices the past two years. I think that the Summer of 2010 we're going to see a rash of increases across the board. Orders are up over last year, so the fear of losing business to a price increase has eased somewhat, and they WILL pass it along to the dealers who in turn raise prices to the end consumer.

I think you'll see it particularly in bedding, as mattresses are primarily foam and steel, and also in upholstery moreso than hardwood goods.

We'll see in about 6 months if my prediction is correct or not.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sigmax Guest

Default Re: Price Incereases

You are already correct. I was just ordering furniture for my home office from Sligh and I was notified of a 10% pricing increase just a week ago.

southbayed Guest

Default Re: Price Incereases

Raw material costs are definitely up and continuing to rise. I agree that costs of consumer goods (not just in the home furnishings industry) will rise significantly by the end of the year. Buy now folks and save yourself some money (this coming from someone in the industry... so take my word or not)!