Thread: Porsche Leather Help

artielange Guest

Default Porsche Leather Help

Duane, do you have any idea of what the best product is to use on the seats on my Cayenne to remove the indigo stains from my jeans? The side of the beautiful sand beige leather is rubbed from me sliding into the seat. Obviously the answer is that from now on I leap into the car but how can I remove the marks that are already there?
    Judy

Default Re: Porsche Leather Help

Hi Judy,

Its the dye from the jeans, very tough on that color leather! My wife did the same to our X5 - and I told her to wear Khakis.

There are cleaners to get that off, but the trick is to use one thats not so strong it will start removing pigment from the hide. I was never able to get that jean dye off the X5 seats, and was only ever able to get to about a 80% removal before I was taking off pigment from the hide.

Call Danny at Leather Magic and see if he has any ideas:

800-232-5078

Did you get your new H&M piece yet?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

Default Re: Porsche Leather Help

Thanks, Duane. I'll call Danny. I figured it was a major problem because I've looked at several used cars with the same issue. I haven't even tried to remove it yet; I was hoping that you'd have the magic answer!

New H & M isn't coming until next week even though Sun picked it up April 20.