Thread: Hancock & Moore #4196 Tower Sofa in Antelope Saddle

dwainw Guest

Default Hancock & Moore #4196 Tower Sofa in Antelope Saddle

I just picked up a lightly used Tower Sofa, and couldn't be happier. I've been watching the usual channels for a deal on nice condition high quality leather sofa for a long time, and finally found one that met all the criteria that my wife and I had laid out.

The Tower sits wonderfully for my wife (5'9") and I (6'0"), and appears to have the ultra down cores in both the back and seat. I would rank it's comfort pretty close to the Austin series, albeit not quite so 'enveloping'. One nice feature is the tall-ish curved arms that fit your back nicely when turned sideways and leaning against them. They have vertical tufts (not sure just what to call them) that give just the right balance of cushion and support. This sofa is on one side of our home theater, and so sitting on one end and facing the other will be a common use for us. When facing forward, the arm height is perfect for placing your upper arm on top (at least for a person in our height range) and leaning into it. Overall, I would say that this is one of the more comfortable H&M sofas I have sat on.

The Antelope leather has a rich look and feel to it. It is a touch shinier and slicker feeling than the cream of the aniline lot, but it is still miles better than the leathers you see on most store displays (The Keeping Room excepted). The Saddle color is dark, but it's highlights are just light enough to let you know that it's something special.

This one is about a year old, but still fills the room with that wonderful smell of fine leather. And the cushions don't really show any signs of settling or puddling, even with the ultra-down cores. I am not sure just how much I would have paid for a brand new Tower Sofa in Grade 3, but I'm pretty sure it would be nearly double the $1950 I negotiated to bring this practically new beauty home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Tower Antelope Saddle.jpg 
Views:	2466 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	939  

Odd I/O Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore #4196 Tower Sofa in Antelope Saddle

That's a sweet deal on a great sofa dwainw and thanks for adding a picture of it on the Hancock and Moore picture 'database' Duane has so graciously set up here. I don't think we have a picture of the Tower model so it's great to see one.

What 'usual channels' were you checking? E-bay, Craig's list, kijiji? Anything else I missed?

That's a handsome sofa, Dwain, one you rarely seem come up on the resale market especially in that hide. You did well, and bought it at less than half the price of a new one. Can you take a photo for us of the sides and back? The Tower series has a great all-around look and I'd like to see the back detail....don't have photos of that in the database.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dwainw Guest

I'll take some more pics when I get a chance. You are right that it would make a good 'floater' sofa.

alexc Guest

I love that design. I've been trying to find a Tower sofa in a showroom. If it sits as well as it looks I plan to order the sectional.

I do not think they have a Tower chair or ottoman, but I will need an ottoman to go in front of the sectional and a chair for the corner of the room. I am thinking the campaign chair and ottoman may work.

dwainw Guest

Default More Tower Pictures

Here are some more pictures of my Tower sofa. The flash I used on these pictures makes the Antelope Saddle look lighter than in real life; the rear shot below is closest to the real look. And excuse the wires in the background - my home theater always seems to be in flux.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Tower Side.jpg 
Views:	899 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Tower Rear.jpg 
Views:	984 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Tower Arm Rear.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Tower Arm Front.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	971  

I like that sofa! Reminds me of my old '57 Corvette.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.