I'm unpacking a Bradington Young sectional today for a Wash DC area (local) delivery, and break open the first box, the RAF piece of the sectional looks great. Nice leather on it, too. I load that into the delivery truck and strip the cover off the second box....uh-oh...why does that LAF piece have an arm on each end. I don't take off the shrink wrap to the box base, but I can definitely see this is a sofa, not a RAF sectional match to the one I just unpacked. I check the outside of the carton, all the right stickers are on it - supposed to be my sectional half.

There is always a production sticker on the bottom of each piece, so I slit the plastic shrink wrap and reach in to find it and pull it off. Sure enough, this sofa belongs to a dealer in North Carolina, and its red, not dark brown like the sectional. Someone packing up furniture at B-Y was SERIOUSLY asleep when they did this one. A call to BY and an hour later they find my sectional half, on the shipping dock. At least it didn't go to another dealer, because that a real mess when that happens.

I know we talk about the benefits of long distance shipping in the original boxes when using delivery companies, but here's one instance where that would have been a real nightmare to have unpacked all this at a customer's home in Texas to discover the wrong piece was put in the box.