Thread: Ask your dealer first!

Default Ask your dealer first!

One of my customers bought a pair of Jessica Charles chairs from me this past winter, they were only 5 months old. She came in the store recently and wanted to order a pair of Taylor King chairs to replace them because she said the JC's were broken down already and uncomfortable. I was shocked!

Why are we replacing brand new Jessica Charles chairs? No way. These are high quality chairs and not like some cheap La-Z-Boy with pressed cardboard frames. They better not fail that quickly....or become unusable. I listened to her complaints and then she went upstairs to select fabrics and a Taylor King model. Came back down and she said "I want to order two of the Taylor Kings and can you pick up the Jessica Charles chairs when you come to deliver the new ones and give them to a charity?"

I wrote the order down but said "Anne - lets not spend another $ 2K here just yet. Let me hold your order for a bit, give me some time to get some new cushion cores to you, I'm going to order you a Plus 1 firmness, no charge. Try them first, and them if they don't solve the problem we'll get you the Taylor Kings." She agreed.

I got this note in the mail from her today. We saved her $ 2K on new chairs I think the standard cores were just too soft for her from the beginning.

<anecdote> I was at Anne's house delivering a sofa to her three years ago, had my 13-year-old son helping. It wasn't a particularly difficult delivery, but she gave him a $ 20 tip. He was so thrilled that I don't think his feet touched the ground the rest of the day - he'd never had anything like that before. My wife made him write her a thank-you note, too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	1366  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.