Thread: A.R.T. Furniture

bbq_bob Guest

Default A.R.T. Furniture

Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding A.R.T. furniture? There web site is http://www.arthomefurnishings.com.

On the web site, they indicate proudly that "We have an exclusive arrangement with Markor Furniture International in Tianjin, China to manufacture and warehouse all of our products". I have never heard of Markor furniture either, and the "made in China" slogan does not scream quality to me, but when I asked about this to the sales agent, he indicated that most of the major brands are made in China. It is true that FFDM, Universal and this A.R.T. brand seem like they at almost every local store for varying prices. Are any of these quality brands and products?

Thanks,
    Bob

southbayed Guest

Default Re: A.R.T. Furniture

ART is just about one notch above Ashley furniture (not very good). Its true that many major manufacturers have off shore factories or use world resources (import) but that can happen at many different qualities. Of the three factories that you had mentioned, FFDM is by far the best quality. FFDM certainly competes at some of the higher quality levels.

bbq_bob Guest

Wow, just above Ashley isn't saying much especially since A.R.T. is generally priced around 3X Ashley.

Thanks for the reply.

One thing that has always held back Chinese wood furniture from being considered "high end" is that they have never mastered the art of "hand finishing." The high end companies who do bring in components from China generally do the hand finishing part of the furniture in the U.S. where they have experienced experts and where they can control the quality. The fact that your A.R.T. company boasts about its "machine finishing" does not inspire me with confidence.