Thread: Going Green on Furniture

Default Going Green on Furniture

Read the article from USA TODAY. Very interesting on the formaldehyde glues used in "Made in China" furniture (Particle Board and Laminates). I cannot reprint the article here due to copyright restrictions, but you can link to it and read it. This will make you think twice about "Made in China" pieces.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...urniture_N.htm
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

harland Guest

Default Re: Going Green on Furniture

Very interesting article. Definitely something to think about while we go 'green' - is there a cost? Sure you can use the leftover sawdust from a lumber mill, glue it together, and voila - 'green' furniture but perhaps at the expense of personal health.

Another thing to think about: not everyone can afford to ditch the particleboard (i.e. college students or recent grads).

Default Re: Going Green on Furniture

Quote Originally Posted by harland View Post
    Very interesting article. Definitely something to think about while we go 'green' - is there a cost? Sure you can use the leftover sawdust from a lumber mill, glue it together, and voila - 'green' furniture but perhaps at the expense of personal health.

Another thing to think about: not everyone can afford to ditch the particleboard (i.e. college students or recent grads).
    True that, but before I'd buy particle board furniture, I'd shop Craigslist for the deals on quality used furniture.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.