Thread: CA Fires

McCall Guest

Default CA Fires

So I have lived here about 6 weeks now and we are having our first CA wildfire. It has been crazy watching the news.
    I woke this morning to the smell of smoke, I got up and checked the apt. for did not find anything then I opened the balcony door and could smell strongly and see the smoke.
    I turned on the TV and learned of the fire. I have been watching the coverage all day, so far it is on the North side of San Fernando Valley where as Encino where I am is on the south side of the valley, but we are near hills on this side and I am terrified what will happen if anything starts a fire on our side.
    As it is my husbands work is much closer to the fires and they are spreading like crazy. Many of the people he works with cannot get home now and or their families are having to try to evacuate but no way to get out of some of the areas.
    I am grateful to be on this side of the valley but also scared just in case. the Santa Anna winds while not hot are strong 65 mph gusts.

Hang in there, McCall, and keep one eye out the window and an ear to the radio. Those fires move FAST.

I have a friend who lives in Paradise, CA who was right in the middle of all the violent fires this past spring. It was pretty intense.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.