Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arhaus Hadley Sofa or maybe H&M?

smoothvirus Guest

Default Arhaus Hadley Sofa or maybe H&M?

Hi everyone, stumbled across this forum on an Internet search.

So my fiancee and I are in the process of buying a townhouse in the Kingstowne area of Alexandria, and we were looking to get a leather couch/chair/loveseat once we are settled in. We went shopping around last weekend to a few places.

I remembered a couch I had seen in Arhaus over in Tyson's Corner Mall about a year ago, so I took her back over there. Sure enough, it was the most comfortable couch I've ever sat in. Nothing we looked at even compares, it just blows the competition away. Both of us love the couch, however, the price is pretty high.

this is the item in question:
    http://www.arhaus.com/Product.aspx?sku=12274HADLEYEE

Mind you, I do not mind paying for quality and I could purchase this couch but if I did I'd feel more comfortable waiting a year to get the Hadley Chair. The "bang for the buck" part of me wants to check around and do some research before I pull the trigger on such a big purchase. Keep in mind I am a total novice when it comes to furniture shopping.

So I found the forum and fortunately we are local to The Keeping Room. So, my fiancee and I could stop by this weekend. I see everyone here talking about the H&M brand, do they have anything comparable to the Arhaus Hadley sofa? How does the pricing compare to Arhaus?

Thanks in advance!

smoothvirus Guest

Default Re: Arhaus Hadley Sofa or maybe H&M?

Oh I forgot to mention we are looking for the couch in black leather. Thanks!

smoothvirus...

Welcome to our site. There is an enormous wealth of information here so I encourage you to browse a bit. You might like the "photo gallery" as a starter. Also regarding H&M, yes they have comparable pieces to the sofa you referenced. Go to their website for photos and other information.

The Keeping Room is closed for a week as the owner/operator and family is on vacation. Check back next week. He can give you additional pricing information and more direction about frame styles, cushions and leather choices.

Larry

organic_smallhome Guest

My understanding is that Arhaus is high on price, but pretty mediocre in quality. You'd definitely be better off purchasing H&M over Arhaus, imo. H&M is top of the line--it doesn't get any better. You're lucky to be in the area of The Keeping Room. Few people know more about leather furniture than Duane, the owner. I would definitely not purchase anything before visiting his store and speaking with him in person. You'll learn more about furniture quality than you ever thought possible.

Here's a previous discussion about Arhaus quality on this forum:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ther-furniture

harland Guest

If you stick with Hancock and Moore's Town and Country program, you might be pleasantly surprised at how much an H&M sofa costs judging from the quote on the Arhaus website. Oh - and another bright spot about The Keeping Room - the price for local delivery is incredibly reasonable.

Personally, I think H&M's City Sofa has a comparable look:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1028
    Last edited by harland; 08-06-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Mahogany Bob Guest

Yes I agree that you really have to talk to Duane before going any further. I bought two H&M sofas from him long distance and he really is an invaluable resource. There was one H&M leather I really liked because of the color, but I had a tiny sample of it from the showroom swatches. It wasn't right for me and Duane knew that at once since he knew what I was looking for. The local dealers here don't have that kind of knowledge and wanted to charge me about 50% more than Duane did.

smoothvirus Guest

Thanks for all the information everyone. Will check with Duane when he returns. That city sofa does look nice.

Stop by my store (You're 15 minutes away) and check out the Hancock and Moore # 1667 Evening Sofa I have available as a special for $ 2,999. $ 1,000 less money than that Arhaus and it will blow it away in construction and quality. Similar form, except H&M doesn't seam/piece their back cushion leather.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

I have both H&M and Arhaus leather pieces. I've bought H&M multiple times. I've never purchased from Arhaus again.

smoothvirus Guest

Thanks for all the kind advice everyone. Swung by Duane's store yesterday evening after work and ordered an H&M Kodiak with the black Caress leather. Should have it in mid-October.