Thread: Quintessence

dustinh Guest

Default Quintessence

Any members out there that have this leather on one of their pieces and care to share you experiences with it?

We love the feel of Capri, but the effects are a little strong for our taste, and Quintessence seems like the perfect compromise between the two. I understand it's not quite as tough as Capri, but would love to hear real feedback from people living with this leather in their home too see how sensitive it really is. This choice is for a tiltback chair we're purchasing from Duane.

Duane (and others), in your opinion is Quintessence every bit as soft and supple as Capri? Will a product like LeatherMagic's Nubuck Leather Cleaner minimize the appearance of minor oil (body and food oils)stains in Quintessence? Is something like Q. Bark dark enough that most staining would be unnoticeable without actually staring at it?

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Quintessence

Hi Dustin,

Quintessence comes from the same German Tannery as Antelope and Capri. It has less 'special effects' (Swirls/toning/mottling) than Capri and a little less protection on the leather as well. Its a tremendously rich and supple leather, softest of all the H&M leathers offered outside of Deekskin and Lambskin. Its cleanable and you can keep it maintained. I'd not suggest eating Pepperoni Pizza in the chair, but if you keep oils and acids away from it and periodically clean it from dirt and body oils, it should work out well. Most like stains will evaporate out of it in a few hours or days. Heavy oils can damage the leather, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.