Thread: This is how you do it...

Default This is how you do it...

Imagine how much furniture I could have sold if I'd announced a Koran-burning Labor Day Sale!

Look at this guy, goes from a nothing little 50-member po-dunk church that noone ever heard of in central Florida to International Celebrity Status and is now playing "Al Sharpton" and getting mosques moved in NYC.

<clapping> GENIUS! Pure GENIUS. <clapping>

The perfect plan.

Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11
    By ANTONIO GONZALEZ
    The Associated Press
    Thursday, September 9, 2010; 5:25 PM

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The minister of a Florida church said he has canceled plans to burn copies of the Quran because the leader of a much-opposed plan to build an Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its location. The agreement couldn't be immediately confirmed.
    The Rev. Terry Jones said Thursday that Americans oppose the mosque being built at the location and that Muslims do not want the Quran burned. He said instead of his plan to burn the books on Saturday to mark the ninth anniversary of 9/11, he will be flying to New York to speak to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf about moving the mosque.
    "We are, of course, now against any other group burning Qurans," Jones said during a news conference. We would right now ask no one to burn Qurans. We are absolutely strong on that. It is not the time to do it."
    President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans to burn the Quran, Islam's holiest text that Muslims consider sacred. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.
    Jones said Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.
    "I asked him three times, and I have witnesses," Jones said. "If it's not moved, then I think Islam is a very poor example of religion. I think that would be very pitiful. I do not expect that."
    Musri thanked Jones and his church members "for making the decision today to defuse the situation and bring to a positive end what has become the world over a spectacle that no one would benefit from except extremists and terrorists" who would use it to recruit future radicals.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: This is how you do it...

Ever see the Simpsons Halloween episode, Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores? The giant "Big Boy"-type statues for various businesses come to life and terrorize the town. The solution, "Just don't look."

Our "news" media looks for insects under rocks and magnifies them into things like this - the solution, really, is to recognize the man for the insignificant person he is and "Just don't look".