Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore # 1053 Greyson Recliner in Ryan Taupe

Default Hancock & Moore # 1053 Greyson Recliner in Ryan Taupe

A new model, just introduced in April 2010 at the Spring Market. H&M has taken their hot-selling # 1044 Sadler Recliner and put a transitional design to it, and come up with this. I have to say, this is the first transitional recliner I have actually felt is as comfortable as the traditional models. They did a great job here, and the detailing on the arm panels is superb.

The new Ryan leather is excellent as well. GR2, it will be one that I will be recommending on a regular basis. Rich colors, good depth, waxy top surface, and looks elegant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greyson4.jpg 
Views:	2450 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	1499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greyson3.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	1500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greyson2.jpg 
Views:	1573 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	1498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greyson1.jpg 
Views:	1312 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	1501  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 1053 Greyson Recliner in Ryan Taupe

It's nice and the color reminds me of dinosaur hide!

Brenda O Guest

I would love to know the price of this chair in this leather. And what sofa would be good with it (and price). This forum is incredibly helpful.

Maria Guest

Hi, I am from California and I've been looking for recliners. This one, the Morrison and maybe Ghent are nice ones from H&M. But of course, my hubby needs to try them and no dealer has any on display. I love grey or camel colors. I'd like to know price too please. what can I do to find them in california?

Jane A Guest

H&M's website has a "Where to Buy" link that will give you dealers in your area. I used this to call around to find models I was interested in.

We don't post prices in the forum at H&M's request. You can PM me for specific prices if you like on an item, however. Select a leather as there are (5) price grades that go up appx 11 % per grade on average.
    Duane Collie

Maria Guest

Hi again, thanks for your advice. I've been calling different dealers and none have the recliners on display, do you believe that??? so I have to look for contemporary modern recliners in different stores like crate & barrel, there is one that I love, Astaire Leather Wingback Recliner, at 2,500. I am calling to check if they have on display to try it. Also I am looking a HTL International and going to the store soon to check their product. What do you think?? I'd like your advice please. I need protected leather because of my kids. You are too far DrCollie, but if i lived there, I'd be in your store for sure. You are very helpful as I notice and your pics are great.

Well, that doesn't surprise me. Dealers normally will show on the floor either the top sellers, or the promotional items. H&M has over 1,400 frames, so even a big dealer for their product line isn't likely to show more than 20 pieces (I have about 25 in my store).

I actually have more California customers for H&M product than Virginia where I'm located - if you can believe that. And then my # 2 highest volume state is Texas! After that, Michigan.
    Duane Collie

arissa Guest

It is really elegant.

Brenda O Guest

Duane - I am not surprised that you have so many California customers. I recently visited our local high-end design/furniture store to see if I could find what I wanted. I was prepared to pay a reasonable premium to get the help I thought I could not expect when buying remotely. I told the interior designer what I was looking for. She showed me three leather sofas they had on the floor, then brought out the H&M catalog, and one of the 2 rings of leathers. I was pretty specific with what I was trying to accomplish, and thought she could help me sort thought the options - but she offered nothing - just put the catalog and one of the sample rings in front of me. So I asked her to come to my house to see the room I am working with, thinking she could then give me help relevant to my specific environment. She came, took measurements, but again did not give me any guidance other than to say the room would accommodate a sofa and one or two chairs, and I could choose from any of they lines they carry. NO suggestions re appropriate styles/colors for the room. I had more knowledge from reading posts on your website! I'd worked with a designer from the same store three years ago who helped me select furniture I love for two other rooms (French Heritage and TRS), but alas, he had moved on. Bottom line - I think you have a very good business model for selling high quality leather furniture. I'm glad I found your site and thank you for your patience in helping people like me select furniture.